Anyone going back with a new hairdo??

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by TeacherSandra, Aug 11, 2007.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2007

well, this just popped into my head, because I've dyed my hair (for the second time this summer) a darker brown; actually, it looks black. I have the same hairstyle, even though I had it trimmed really good at the onset of summer.

Love this site,
    Sandra

3. txtchr

txtchr Rookie

Aug 11, 2007

I'm going back curly-headed, but I am going to a new school so no one will notice! :-(

4. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2007

I did, and no one noticed. Guess it isn't as different as I though lol.

5. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 11, 2007

I had eight inches of hair cut off- everyone I saw working in their rooms noticed. I wish I was more fond of my new do! I haven't had shoulder length or shorter hair since I was in third grade so it's taking me a while to get used to it.

6. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Aug 11, 2007

I want to, but am still debating whether I should. My hair takes a long time to grow. I have trimmed it once in two years and it is still only a couple of inches past where my bra line sits. *sigh* I want to get something a little more manageable though. I'm not used to getting up at 5 am! So I need to make my routine as simple as possible.

7. TX Teacher

TX Teacher Rookie

Aug 11, 2007

Funny you ask...as a matter of fact, I got a wild "hair" (pardon the pun) yesterday and went and had 14 inches of hair chopped off! I went from the middle of my back to a "pob". (For those of you who don't know, like me prior to the cut, a pob is the new bob being sported by Victoria Beckham, AKA Posh Spice.) I think I am really going to like it, if I can figure out how to style such short hair! It is definitely cooler! I guess I will have to wait and see what my students think. They are usually pretty opinionated! I do this every few years for some reason. I will work to grow my hair out for a year or so and then up and decide to go super short. Luckily, my hair grows really fast.

8. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 12, 2007

Same hair, but new glasses, and new shoes! :D haha

9. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 12, 2007

Same hair--need a trim and colour, though. I need to make an appointment early in the week to go for an eye exam because I need new glasses (or longer arms! :lol: )

10. Pigger

Pigger Companion

Aug 12, 2007

went short and dark last week....

my problem is i never look the same once i leave the salon....i can't get it to do what it is suppose to do....and i always have very basic/easy cuts.....but i just can't make it happen.....

brought in katie holmes and kirsten dunst....went with kirsten dunst when she was platinum......

i was super blonde and always sporting the ponytail....tried to tell myself the ponytail isnt much of a style at my age.......so i cut it all off and now its too short to put up......

wish i were still blonde!:unsure: i have been my whole life, and now i just have to get use to this....as i got older, the little girl blonde didn't stay:down:

11. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Aug 12, 2007

funny. just yesterday I decided to do something different rather than just get a trim. Anyone know of good websites to look for hairstyles?

12. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Aug 12, 2007

I don't know a website... I usually just look thorough Hairstyle magazines... or go with the recommendation of my stylist. She is usually right and can tell me if the style would be ok with my hair texture. I am low maintenance,,,, so if it takes more than 10 minutes- I['m not doing it.

13. willsgirl

willsgirl Comrade

Aug 12, 2007

Went for a cut yesterday and she cut it a lot shorter than usual. You know it's good when the s16 and hooby make a positive comment. Finally got around last May (just before school was out) and got highlights. This year I'm in a new school so noone will notice (until I get different highlights in Sept.)

Used to keep my hair mid-back length. Long, straight, chestnut with blonde highlights...very nice. Way too much work and now makes me look really old. *sigh*