Anyone Get Breakfast on the Way to Work?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, May 11, 2011.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 11, 2011

Just for a little treat every once in a while, I'll pick up a little breakfast or a drink/smoothie on my way to work. Does anyone else do this at times? :)

3. Petite_Teacher

Petite_Teacher Companion

May 11, 2011

Every other week I pick up a Caramel Frappuccino from Starbucks. It gives me that extra boost on those mornings that are a little slow...lol

4. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 11, 2011

I use to get sausage croissants with a tomatoes slice from Burger King, or a green ice tea and coffee cake from Starbucks. I think I gained 5 pounds with those habits. I have since stopped. The thought of a sausage croissant now makes me want to gag, which is a good thing for my waist line!

5. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

May 11, 2011

During the winter, I would stop every once in a while for an oatmeal from McDonald's (the only option I have near me). It was a great pick-me-up on those cold, dark mornings!

6. porque_pig

porque_pig Comrade

May 11, 2011

When I was student teaching, I would stop by Hardees about once a week for a biscuit and orange juice. I LOVED it. These days I don't live anywhere near fast food restaurants, so it's not feasible for me to stop by for breakfast.

7. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 11, 2011

At my old job I did a lot and it was bad. I just passed so many places on my way to work - it was so easy. There was an awesome bagel place, 2 Wawas, BK, McD, 2 starbucks, 2 DDs, and two grocery stores with awesome sticky buns - all on my 10 minute commute.

Here there isn't really anyplace convenient. Every once in awhile I go to a local convenience store and grab their breakfast pizza - but I have to leave the house early and go a little out of the way to go there. If we have PD we usually get to come in a little later and then I can grab coffee and a sandwich and our local place, but again it is out of the way. On a normal day they aren't open early enough. Every once in awhile my co-worker will text me that she is going to DD and will get me something.

8. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 11, 2011

When I was going to school I did almost everyday. Burger King! Now the thought of Burger King breakfast is so not appealing. Nowadays, there is a donut shop not far from the house. We go about once week as a treat for the kids.

9. Securis

Securis Cohort

May 11, 2011

Sometimes I stop off for a coffee, especially during winter months, and while I'm there I pick up donuts and pastries for some of my coworkers. One likes lemon filled, another likes plain, one likes chocolate glazed, another likes apple fritters, etc.

10. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

May 11, 2011

I love McDonalds sausage mcmuffins with egg and hash browns. Very unhealthy so I dont go very often. I'm not a big breakfast eater anyways, but I might have a yogurt or apple in the morning.

11. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 11, 2011

I used to sometimes get an unsweetened black iced tea from Starbucks or Sonic on the way to school. Since I've moved much closer to my school, I don't drive past any restaurants, so it's not as convenient for me to get anything. Nowadays I usually end up drinking a Carnation at school for breakfast.

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 11, 2011

Same here about everything you said! I pass about 15-20 fast food places & other eateries on the way too work, but I'm not really tempted.

13. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

May 11, 2011

I've started getting a 44oz iced water with lemon slices to drink on all day.

14. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 11, 2011

Not me.

My sitter gets to my house between 7:05 and 7:10. I drop Brian off at either the bus stop or at school and sign in around 7:30 sometime.

The only time I stop for breakfast is if I'm working on a Saturday-- proctoring or an Open House or something. Then I'll hit Dunkin Donuts and get 6 muffins-- 1 for me and 5 for the first 5 people who want one.

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 11, 2011

ku alum, 5-6 days a wk, I drink hot water w/ lemon in the mornings while getting ready for work. It helps w/ weight loss/maintenance.

16. sue35

sue35 Habitué

May 11, 2011

1 day a week I get a yogurt/granola and a Northern Light coffee from Caribou.

17. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

May 11, 2011

Not usually.

There isn't any place to stop and get breakfast between my house and work. I live on one side of town, and I work on the other. I take the bypass, which isn't anything other than fields and the river. If I want breakfast, I have to drive through town, where my options are McDonald's or Hardee's. Most of the time I just take something from home and eat it at work.

18. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

May 11, 2011

Starbucks... my home away from home. Today my daughter had late arrival, so she had time to go with me. We placed our order (actually she did... they started making mine when I pulled in to the parking lot), and as we were leaving, the barista said, "See you tomorrow, bandnerd..." LOL. My daughter said I need an intervention.

19. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 11, 2011

I take a Keurig coffee in my travel mug and a piece of fruit or a sandwich thin with egg whites...and I'm out the door. No fast food breakfasts for me.

20. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

May 11, 2011

I go through the drive thru at Starbucks 1-2 times a week for a Tazo Chai Latte. A co-worker and I usually takes turns getting them. Last week, I went through the drive thru and asked for 2 Tazo Chai Latte and then the worker cut me off and finished my order for me --- extra hot, one regular and one skinny, :lol:

21. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 11, 2011

I'm probably one of the few people who gets a COLD drink from Starbucks even in the morning: A grn tea frap no whipped cream.

22. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

May 11, 2011

I wish I had time to do that. No, I am racing out the door frantically each morning. I just make my coffee and that holds me over until about 10:30, when I have my first bite to eat.

23. yearroundteach

yearroundteach Companion

May 11, 2011

I stop at Tropical Smoothie often enough that they know me by name (usually about 3 times a week but some weeks are every day). It is so convenient because you can order and pay online. So when I get there I just run in and grab it. I don't even have to wait in line. Very nice for someone like me who is perpetually late!

I will also occasionally stop for a Starbucks passion tea lemonade and a blueberry muffin but I stopped doing that as often when I learned the amount of calories in one of those muffins!

24. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

May 11, 2011

When I get breakfast out (which I will likely do tomorrow as I am out of cereal at home) I always get McDonald's oatmeal with no brown sugar and an iced tall skinny vanilla latte at Starbucks. That total meal has 290 calories, and is very low sodium. I love it!

25. sue35

sue35 Habitué

May 11, 2011

Is there anything thing in the oatmeal, such as fruit? I would love to eat something filling and low calorie but I don't like just plain oatmeal.

26. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 11, 2011

If I go the roundabout way to work I can stop at a convenience store and get coffee and a bagel but I won't unless I'm totally out of breakfast items at home. I used to pass Dunkin Donuts on my way to work but now it's in the opposite direction since I moved.

27. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

May 11, 2011

Yep, it has apples and raisins. That's why I stopped getting it with brown sugar because it doesn't need it.

28. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 11, 2011

Wow, I don't have any places like that in my neck of the woods. I'm hooked on Jamba Juice's Matcha Grn Tea Blast. I'd love to just order & pay online, then run in & grab it! That would be scary how much more I'd drink it then! :eek:

29. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

May 12, 2011

I am just TOO cheap to stop out for breakfast. It does add up on a weekly basis ( I know from experience). I also get up that 1/2 hour early so I can sit and relax, eat a calm breakfast and read a small bit of the paper. Makes for a more calm start to the day.

(although when we go on a driving trip and don't want to make breakfast at home, we will stop at McDonald's or Burger King and it is such a guilty pleasure! Mmmm)

30. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

May 12, 2011

I don't like any type of coffee product, but 1-2 times a week, I get Chick Fil A for breakfast. I figure I'm doing well to stay from the donut places! :lol:

31. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 12, 2011

I love chick Fil-A's breakfast burritos! I treat myself w/ it once in a while.

32. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

May 12, 2011

I do if I have the time. McDonald's or Starbuck's. I love the breakfast burritos. Just no time to prepare at home, and I am not hungry till I get to school. My favorite treat is a coffee with Ginseng powder! It is a special treat - too costly!

33. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 12, 2011

On my thirty mile drive to work I pass exactly zero establishments from which to order breakfast. Even if I did, I wouldn't...just not a big fan of breakfast.

34. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 12, 2011

Same here JustMe. Normally, I don't eat breakfast.

35. holliday

holliday Comrade

May 12, 2011

I have to admit...I'm addicted to Mexican food for breakfast. And New Mexican food...well, throw some green chile on it and I've gotta eat it! I get a breakfast burrito at least once a week and a carne asada taco (not on the same day - lol).
    I never used to eat breakfast, but now I seem to be starving when I wake up. The good news is that I rarely want much at all for lunch.

36. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

May 13, 2011

I Stop every day for a large coffee from DD for breakfast :0 and every day I see the same 5 or 6 teachers doing the same thing :)

37. Major

Major Connoisseur

May 13, 2011

A couples slices of toast, two scrambled eggs, one piece lean bacon, fruit of some sort, and orange juice ......... I usually have a large (Calelas) mug of coffee while travelling to school, the gym, the shooting range or where ever life is taking me that day.......

(Big guys need lots of fuel......... :p)