Anyone ever gone from leadership back to classroom?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by ozteach, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Always__Learning

Always__Learning Comrade

Sep 5, 2018

2. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Aficionado

Sep 6, 2018

It says that the $1.14 billion budget is a one-time allocation for computer updating and staffing. Also, this is for the *entire* Catholic school district in Toronto, with a student population of over 91,000. I’m interested in what a typical budget is for a single school.

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 6, 2018

The $1.14 billion budget includes a one-time allocation for computer updating and staffing; that is not the budget for only those things. The school board budget covers everything: classroom instruction, school operations, governance, administration and transportation. The school budget is allocated on a per/student basis. The last figures I could find for my board were: ~$140/student in the elementary panel and ~$180/student in the secondary panel.

futuremathsprof likes this.
  4. Always__Learning

Always__Learning Comrade

Sep 6, 2018

Mrs C is correct in her reading of the budget. As for the size, that was kind of my point. They have a big budget and they have a lot of kids and, as a result, they need to use the budget wisely so dealing with grievances they are likely to lose is not something Districts are willing to do. Every dollar spent on a lawyer comes out of a classroom, so they need to be confident that getting rid of someone is - A - important and - B - doable.