anyone else wake up and think.....

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by fort worth gal, Aug 28, 2007.

1. fort worth gal

fort worth gal Rookie

Aug 28, 2007

OMG, It's only Tuesday! I have to do this 4 more times this week!!!!

I am hapy and my class is going well but I am SSSOOOOOo tired! It has to be Friday!!!! PlEASE!!!! :)

3. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Aug 28, 2007

I know the feeling... My day is usually Wednesday mornings lol.

I am a Ft. Worth gal as well- can't wait to get back!

4. SittinInATree

SittinInATree Companion

Aug 29, 2007

YES!!

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 29, 2007

It gets better, I promise!

Your feet stop aching, your arms regain feeling, and your voice returns. It just takes your body a while to adjust from beach mode to teacher mode.

Give it a week or two. In the meantime, get lots of rest. (Says the woman with 3 kids all still on vacation!)

6. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Aug 29, 2007

I have the same feeling, however this weekend I felt lost. I thought, "I have so much time. What do I do? I'm so bored."

It was a strange feeling and I was almost yearning to return to school. Anyone ever felt that?

7. weno88

weno88 Companion

Aug 29, 2007

Absolutely! Fortunately, Friday is a half-day. AAAnd it's a 3 day weekend! I'm looking forward to some serious recovery time. ;)

I'm exhausted, but there are certain times during the day that I feel really amazing. Today after third period I walked out into the hall and just thought I can't imagine doing anything else but this.

8. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 29, 2007

I am definitely exhausted! Thursday's official name is "I can't believe it's not Friday" :lol:

Well, I seem to always have something I could be doing, whether I do it or not :whistle:

9. dreaming_luke

dreaming_luke Rookie

Sep 2, 2007

It takes me about a month for my body to adjust. I'm always exhausted the first month of school. And I always get sick the first month of school as well, after that the body is ready to go. Just get to bed early and don't stress over school. If you have marking it can wait, if your not totally planned the day will go on and things will be fine, take a break, a breather, leave things till next week. The first few weeks are hectic, but they don't have to be, leave things that can be left alone for awhile and just do things that have to be done right now.

10. Mllezoe

Mllezoe Rookie

Sep 2, 2007

Help Me! Someone tell me it gets better...

Hi,
    Well after looking for a job ALL summer, I was hired by a fabulous school on Monday, August 27th. I walked into the classroom (5th grade) and starting teaching Wednesday, August 29th. I have 31 students and I am beyond overwhelmed. Since I was hired so late I got NO orientation beyond, "here's your key, there's the office...blah blah blah."

Behavior management? Ha! I'm trying to hard to implement it as fast as I can and get the kids used to the rules and routines. I don't even know what the curriculum is - I don't have any of the books yet. The woman who taught in the room before me left it a physical DISASTER. I mean, I have no idea how I'm going to clean it up, decorate it, teach, manage the kids, and do all the other stuff. I went to the teacher store today - I have a $450 allowance - I bought $200 worth of really great stuff. Now - putting it up - that's another story!

I don't mean to sound negative - I am 40 years old, this is my first year teaching kids (I used to teach jr. college) and I am just freaked out of my mind at all I have to do. Promise me someone that somehow I will survive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thanks:

11. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 2, 2007

You can do it! Congrats on getting the job! Just take it one day at a time. Do some icebreaker activities, focus on rules and procedures and practice these. The room doesn't have to be prefect....who's gonna know? Just do a little at a time until its done. :2up: