Anyone else seen Ian Jukes speak?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by lwteacher, Aug 25, 2007.

1. lwteacher

lwteacher Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

OMG. We just had an inservice yesterday where Ian Jukes spoke to our district.
    If you have seen this guy talk, you know what I mean when I say my head hurts 24 hours later just thinking about it.
    Basically, he talks about how kids of today are wired differently and how they need to be taught differently because of technology. He did maybe 4-5 hours of talk on brain research and statistics on how much the kids of today know about technology. Apparently we all need to get on the bandwagon and have our kids (all ages) learn by podcasts and use the internet for every subject and have cell phones to communicate...Ugh. Okay. I like technology. I can dig it. But when my school district can't pass levies so that my 50 year old school with 30 year old carpet can get a dearly needed remodel, I would surely like to know where the H**L the money is going to come from so that our children can be educated properly in the digital age of today. :eek:
    My point is...have any of you heard this guy, and what are your thoughts on what he has to say?