Anyone else happy this school year is over?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MissJill, Jun 21, 2012.

1. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Jun 21, 2012

Our last day of school was Tuesday and although I had the greatest group of kids that could always put a smile on my face I am so glad it is over!

I wish I could just be a teacher and not have to worry about administration and everything else negative.

Summer!! :love:

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 21, 2012

I agree with you about the negativity...I truly work in an awesome school but lately morale is down, communication is negligible, things outside of teacher control dont always run smoothly...so it was a weird ending...I love my class and colleagues but lately there's just been a bit of drama and for that reason only I'm glad for the summer break.

4. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Jun 21, 2012

That is exactly how I feel.
    I just want to be a happy teacher.

This is my tenure year coming up (even though I have been in this classroom forever it feels like) so I hope everything goes well.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 21, 2012

I love teaching. I'm in a great school, and I truly respect our administration and the kids I teach.

But it's SUMMER!!!!! Two months with my husband and my kids, time to do as I choose when I choose.

SURE I'm glad the school year is over!!

6. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Jun 21, 2012

I love what I do, but I am looking forward to summer... today is our last day with students, and then we have Friday and Monday to clean up, finish up and all that jazz...

7. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 21, 2012

I'm so glad to be home with my little ones but I'll definitely miss the students this year.

8. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jun 21, 2012

I was really glad when May 11 arrived! I had huge classes, and the kids weren't very personable. Plus, I was having remodeling done at my house for the last two months of school, and my STBX was still living with me and being a PITA.

Kids left on the 11th, the contractor left the day before. STBX moved out on May 14th, and I jumped into the house projects. Last week was my first full week with NOTHING to do. Loved it!

9. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

Jun 21, 2012

I had a very hard year, mostly due to one of my classes being more difficult than the usual difficult, so yes, I'm very relieved that it's over and looking forward to a break and a fresh start.

On the other hand, long vacations don't really suit me... I'm not really thrilled to be out of a job for the next 2+ months. Just thrilled to be done with THIS one.

10. eddygirl

eddygirl Companion

Jun 21, 2012

I had a great year; good kids and wonderful colleagues make my job a joy. However, the school year is always very busy, so I'm enjoying just having time for my kids, home, and garden.

11. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jun 21, 2012

I had a very difficult class, so I am extremely happy the year is over!

12. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Jun 21, 2012

It was a very hard year for Chicago public schools. I'm working part time over the summer, but I was happy to bid farewell to this school year in many ways. I'm not rushing my summer in anyway- but I'm ready for us to have a contract and for the strike or threat of strike to be over with all the drama that surrounds it.

13. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jun 21, 2012

I still have to get through tomorrow and one more week. I am ready. The kids are ready. I have a lot to get done with moving and starting a new school. Plus, I am looking forward to sleeping in and taking a break from the routine.

14. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Jun 21, 2012

Yup! Rough year!

Beth

15. mkbren88

mkbren88 Cohort

Jun 21, 2012

Yes, this was a rough year with my students and school admin. I am happy for summer, even if I only have 3 weeks left of my summer break. I enjoy spending time with my son and planning for next year.

16. platypusok

platypusok Companion

Jun 21, 2012

I thought I was happy when school was over because my seventh graders were a handful plus some. But then I found out what I'll be teaching next year and I just want to go back.

17. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Jun 21, 2012

I thought I was extremely excited but I'm definitely feeling a little sadness now that we're getting down to the wire (we go until the 27th). Today we invited the parents to watch a slideshow of pictures from the year and looking back at the kids in the beginning and watching them laugh over all the pictures made me realize I will actually miss them next year! Although once summer starts I'm sure I'll be more than ready to relax. I'm actually looking forward to actually having time to go to the gym!

18. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jun 21, 2012

I am loving the time to relax, replan and be on my own schedule!

19. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jun 21, 2012

Exactly.

20. Reality Check

Reality Check Habitué

Jun 21, 2012

I LIVE for June, July, and August!

:lol: