Anyone Else Addicted to TPT?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by OhThePlaces, May 19, 2013.

1. ZoomZoomZOOM

ZoomZoomZOOM Devotee

Jul 12, 2013

Wow, that was a really good article. She made some very good points! Thanks for sharing.

Those of you, like WFL who mentioned no "age appropriate" materials for life skills kiddos, man you are so right. I used to make all of my own materials and units when I taught life skills. You HAD to because you were given NOTHING. But now that I teach k-2, I have curriculum and don't make as much of my own things anymore. Just little things here and there. Nothing to make major money off of.

Dang it. :rolleyes:

2. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Jul 12, 2013

There are definitely a few niche's to be filled. I'm working on uploading stuff daily to fill in some of those gaps.

Maybe you can upload yours too zoom.

3. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 12, 2013

I like it. I have purchased a few items off there and downloaded some of the free items. :) As for selling things on there, I've never had the best of luck. Eventually, I know it'll get better.

4. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 12, 2013

Deanna Jump's article on Scholastic is inspiring, by the way. :)

5. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2013

So, I just read their copyright page. I've never uploaded anything, even though I have a ton of lessons and units I could use, but I've been worried about using specific strategies from trainings.

For example, if I wanted to include a particular Kagan strategy and made up the worksheet or handout with all pertinent information for the lesson, is that ok? Or is that a violation?

6. Listlady

Listlady Companion

Jul 13, 2013

I've been toying with the idea of becoming a seller (Meanwhile, I've downloaded all the freebies I could find that looked interesting).

I'm a member, but I couldn't find anything about the guidelines about what each item should contain. Can you just put an explanatory note about an assignment (instructions to the teacher) and attach handouts? Anyone have advice about specifics? All my material would be for high school (and maybe middle school).

I'm also slightly concerned with copyright. I come up with my "stuff" myself mostly, but sometimes I get ideas by looking online.

7. queenie

queenie Groupie

Jul 13, 2013

8. Listlady

Listlady Companion

Jul 13, 2013

Thanks for the info. I uploaded my freebie and an editable versions for a dollar until I have time to add more.

9. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 13, 2013

So give us the link to your store! :lol: