Anyone been vaccinated yet?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ima Teacher, Jan 19, 2021.

1. OhioTeacher216

OhioTeacher216 Rookie

Feb 4, 2021

I'm in Ohio-- we are scheduled to get ours sometime on 2/16 and the second shot three weeks later. Many schools in our area are calling the day after the second shot as a 'snow day' just in case of side effects.

2. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Feb 5, 2021

I don't think some random person like you should be telling people what to do. Just my opinion. I already stated I will personally wait because I am younger with zero health issues but not just because you said I should wait.

SpecialPreskoo and Pisces like this.
  3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Feb 6, 2021

Got my first dose today, and the process was one of the smoothest operations I've ever seen. Didn't even leave my car!

4. a2z

a2z Virtuoso

Feb 6, 2021

I'd be on the floor in 20 minutes! One knocks me out. LOL Happy to hear no reaction for you.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 6, 2021

No and honestly don't plan to. The people closest to me havent' either. We've always been extremely cautious since COVID began.

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Feb 7, 2021

I think that teachers here will be eligible late March or early April.

7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Feb 7, 2021

one week after the shot, I developed what they call “Covid arm”. Still nothing major.

8. miss-m

miss-m Devotee

Feb 8, 2021

I got my email for an appointment! I get my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine tomorrow. I’m so stoked. Sad my husband can’t get his at the same time, but glad it’s happening so much sooner than I expected.

creativemonster likes this.
  9. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Feb 8, 2021

I had the same reaction about a week after the shot. My rash increased in size and turned into cellulitis. A week of antibiotics cleared it up. I get the next shot tomorrow so I think I'll get it in the other arm.

10. creativemonster

creativemonster Comrade

Feb 27, 2021

Just got the notice of eligibility, but no appointments available here at this time...happy whenever I hear anyone gets it - I can't wait!!! Yes I can....and I will, ...but looking forward to it! And then it will be another long time until husband eligible. Looking forward!!! My heart goes out to everyone for whom it didn't come in time.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  11. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Feb 27, 2021

I got my second shot Thursday. I felt terrible all day Friday. I was in bed the whole day. Fever, chills, sweating, nausea, fatigue, aches. Woke up this morning feeling fine. My husband gets his second shot this coming Friday. Both of our districts went remote for the day after injections. One day for shots and one day for recovery.

12. mathteachertobe

mathteachertobe Cohort

Feb 28, 2021

I got my first inoculation on Wednesday, and the second one will be in a month. My area of California just opened up to educators this week.

13. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Feb 28, 2021

There was a lot of pushback in my state and the governor ended up moving us up the list! I got my first dose in mid-Feb. and will get my second next week. I'm very relieved as we have been teaching 100% in person for most of the year.

14. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

Feb 28, 2021

I got my 2nd shot recently. Like the flu shot, there is a small amount of soreness in arm where I got the shot. Otherwise, I have felt great. So glad to be vaccinated as so many kiddos and a few adults find interesting ways to wear a mask. Yes, it must cover your nose!

15. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Mar 1, 2021

I received the second shot a couple of weeks ago. had no reaction this time, other than a little soreness like what happens after any shot. I feel relieved that the protection is there now.

16. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Mar 1, 2021

I get my second one on Wednesday!

17. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Mar 3, 2021

A bunch of my team got our second shots yesterday. Half were knocked flat today. I had aches and chills last night but forced myself to keep my body moving until the bulk of that went away. Still tired as all get-out.

18. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Mar 3, 2021

I am enrolled in the Janssen vaccine trial, and received the single dose vaccine. Now that it is being rolled out, I have been informed that I received the vaccine, not a placebo. No side effects at all from the shot, and I have stayed healthy. My teacher son got the Moderna vaccine, and the second shot made him quite ill. I will probably get a second dose of the Janssen vaccine when more readily available, since Janssen is doing a trial with two doses, to see if it is more effective. What I do know about the existing vaccine is that it prevented virtually 100% of recipients from entering the hospital, if they did show some symptoms, and no one died from the virus who had the shot. As someone who felt like I was going to die a year ago, and who basically lost 6 weeks of my life, getting some aches and pains that can be treated at home with tylenol or ibuprophen and some extra rest, while staying out of the hospital, while staying safely alive, the Janssen vaccine has a lot going for it. A second dose may or may not change the ability to absolutely prevent any symptoms, but I can live with this vaccine, and it is wonderful to know that one dose can save your life.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    Ms.Holyoke and Ima Teacher like this.
  19. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2021

I got my second Moderna shot yesterday. Almost immediately I felt my arm getting sore and tired. I was barely able to stay awake the rest of the day especially around dismissal time. I went home laid down and rested. Cooked and ate dinner but then was tired again so I went back to bed until about 8:30 when my daughter got home. Went to bed about 10:30. Had some really weird dreams of me and Tom Cruise being in Mission Impossible. Woke up this morning feeling very tired and muscle achy. As the day goes on Im feeling better not as tired but my muscles are still pretty achy. I have checked several times for fever and have none. My son got his first Pfizer dose yesterday and has had similar reaction. 5/6 of my family has had at least one shot and had what I consider average symptoms.

20. miss-m

miss-m Devotee

Mar 4, 2021

Got my second Pfizer shot on Tuesday! I was bracing myself for full-on flu symptoms, but apart from a very slight fever and fatigue, I felt pretty good on Wednesday. I slept for a good chunk of the day though... almost 2 hours in the morning and another 2 hours after lunch. Feeling much better today, and my arm isn't nearly as sore as it was after the first dose.

21. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Mar 4, 2021

Still not enough appointments to go around in my area so I'm not even attempting it. They are opening sites locally for the 1-dose vaccine soon so if I have to get it maybe I will try for one of those spots. The 1-dose sounds easier to manage in terms of scheduling for me.

22. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Mar 4, 2021

TOM CRUISE :rofl:

23. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Connoisseur

Mar 6, 2021

Yes, I have gotten mine. Our state is very organized and made it free and easy for everyone who needs it.

24. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

Mar 7, 2021

We are not eligible yet in my state but I got my J&J vaccine yesterday through CVS.
    I have to go in person in April so I am grateful to get it.
    J&J is doing a trial with a second shot and I will take that when released too! I had a headache and fever last night but I feel great now

25. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Connoisseur

Mar 11, 2021

This is so true. If the state is saying you need to be in person, you should be on the list if you want to be vaccinated. They are telling many people to not to visit relatives, go to gatherings, or hang out with their friends. How is being in a classroom with a bunch of kids/ staff any safer? Our state has handled it all so well that as of a couple of days ago anyone who wants it that is 16 or older can get it.
    I was 1 who was going to wait and see too, but was kind of "talked into it." I hope it does some good and at least does not harm.

26. greendream

greendream Cohort

Mar 11, 2021

I read that was one of the known side effects.

readingrules12 likes this.
  27. Caballo21

Caballo21 Rookie

Mar 11, 2021

I don't do the flu vaccines, but I got this one. Grateful. 30% of US population are estimated to be vaccinated by the end of March. Second shot was a few hours ago. I had sore arm & fatigue, and headaches that lasted almost a week with the first one. Feeling ok so far...

28. pearie

pearie Rookie

Mar 30, 2021

Do you have any more? I would like to find some really good deals on everything :D I am looking for pet supplies also. I found a really good online service with pet supplies called Pet Pharmacy, and I think the prices there are already pretty good, and they sell some amazing stuff. But any input will help anyway, thank you in advance!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  29. Laperi

Laperi Rookie

Mar 30, 2021

I think we’ll have to get one soon over here. I’m not totally into it, also got kind of used to being at home all together, ordering from hodxpress, and teaching the kids online. Feels like I’ve shifted to a new comfort zone... not complaining...

30. Pisces

Pisces Companion

Mar 30, 2021

I got my first shot of pfizer recently. Had to travel out of state for that too.