Anyone been to a Differentiated Assessment and Grading Seminar with Linda Allen?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Doug_HSTeach_07, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Doug_HSTeach_07

Doug_HSTeach_07 Comrade

Jan 20, 2009

I received info about a Differentiated Assessment & Grading SDE seminar led by Linda Allen in Springfield, IL on April 28. She is the author of the book, "Fair Isn't Always Equal."

The seminar seems to hit on some differentiation techniques (i.e. tiered assignments), and spends a good part of time on assessment and grading, which our district is focusing on this year. Is anyone familiar with this book? Has anyone attended her presentation(s)?

Any thoughts / advice you could offer would be appreciated. At least one of the classroom teachers I work with has expressed interest, and I hope to check into our collective expertise to see if it would be a worthwhile use of our resources. THANKS for sharing!

3. CanukTeacher

CanukTeacher Comrade

Jan 21, 2009

Hi Doug,

I don't know anything about this person but I would say DI and DA are very worthwhile topics. I'd definately think it was worth attending by the sounds of it.

4. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jan 24, 2009

I am not familiar with Linda Allen but I am very familiar with the book "Fair Isn't Always Equal" and it was written by Rick Wormelli. I have heard him speak several times. The book is a great resource.

5. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Feb 28, 2009

WOW!

I would love to attend this seminar. Can you list a link to the information? Thanks!

6. Doug_HSTeach_07

Doug_HSTeach_07 Comrade

Mar 1, 2009

Uhh...I actually threw away the flyer that I got in my mailbox the other day! Just do a google search for "linda allen illinois seminar" and you will find results. She does seminars outside Illinois too.