Anyone an Itinerant G.T. Teacher?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Hoot Owl, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jun 1, 2009

I'm seriously considering giving up my world of utopia and moving to an itinerant G.t. position.

The part of the state I'm living in now is going belly-up. Real estate values county wide are declining and there's hundreds of houses for sale. I really hate to move at the point in my life and career but we don't want to retire here. I'm still in an excellent neighborhood and think I can sell my house quickly (I hope).

I've interviewed in the NW part of the state for a better paying job and the position is K-4 G.T.

How does the G.T. teacher in your school work?

Anyone have any experiences or advice?

3. fuzed_fizzion

fuzed_fizzion Comrade

Jun 1, 2009

My school is a K-8, so it is probably a bit different. We do not have a full-time G.T. teacher. I am paid extra duty responsibility to manage our state compliance for G.T. I do a lot of work with training and implementation of differentiation into the classrooms. I also set up community people to come in and provide enrichment learning for these students. When I have space I also offer the classes for our higher level students who are not formally identified. I essentially act as a resource teacher. I also try to know the various curriculums taught to help identify, set-up, support staff with differentiating.

I hope this helped you a bit.