Anybody waiting for August 5th Scores?

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by hopetoteach, Aug 23, 2006.

1. hopetoteach

hopetoteach Rookie

Aug 23, 2006

Hi, I took the Elementary Content test and I am REALLY getting tired of waiting. I think I can call in on September 1st.

I thought the test was harder than I thought it would be (especially compared to the practice test it ETS's study guide). I know I did well with LA and Math, but struggle with SS and some with Science.

I've been struggling to keep my mind off it...while waiting for the results. It's easier some days but this is not one of the those days! I'm stressed.

I just don't want to take it again.

Just wondered if anyone else out there is in the same boat?

Thanks!

3. appleaday

appleaday Rookie

Aug 23, 2006

If it's any reasurance, I just took the CSET (basically the same test for Cali) and I just got my scores two days ago. Passed. The reason it is reasuring? Is because I knew for sure I was going to fail one part of it, in fact I had no doubt. But alas, I passed. And maybe you will too. They say that 90 percent of what we stress about never happens. Smile, breath the clean Washington air, and have a nice day!

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 23, 2006

My recollection of Praxis tests is that each test is scored holistically: as long as you amass x number of points, you pass. If you generally worry about the outcome of tests and then find you passed after all, you probably did this time too: please find your brain something nicer to do than gnawing at you, and if chocolate's in your diet, go have some.

5. Jessica-GA

Jessica-GA Rookie

Aug 23, 2006

Me too!

I'm not going to call in because I've heard of a few people getting incorrect results that way. I'm nervous because a large increase in my pay is hinging on this. But we'll see! I don't know how I did. I'm hopeful but not sure. Good luck to you!!!! School's already started here, so my mind is busy with that.

Jessica