Anybody sick yet?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by jen12, Sep 27, 2011.

1. jen12

jen12 Devotee

Sep 27, 2011

Three weeks in and I'm down! This is a new record for me. Has anyone else picked anything up yet?

3. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Sep 27, 2011

Nothing serious, but a lingering case of sniffles.

Last year, I only made it to Labor Day weekend. (We start mid-August).

4. Joy

Joy Cohort

Sep 27, 2011

You're lucky! I've been sick twice already and I can't seem to get rid of the sinus infection that I had last week. It's going to be a long year!

5. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Sep 27, 2011

I was sick this weekend and we wrapped up week four last week. I had a bad sore throat and a stuffy nose. I had almost no voice on Sunday so I spent the day whispering and getting some extra rest. Had Sunday been Monday I don't know how I would have gone to work. Fortunately by Monday I was doing a lot better and though my voice is a bit funky the worst was definitely over the weekend.

6. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Sep 27, 2011

My sinuses were killing me all week last week. So last night we decided to go out for really hot wings to clear our heads. They made me so sick this morning that I had to call out - not for the sinuses, but my stomach! But my head has been clear all day! I am just annoyed that I had to use a sick day this early.

7. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Sep 27, 2011

Terrible sinus infection here. I've had kids out every day with it since the second week and we're already into our 6th week.

8. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Sep 27, 2011

We started August 24 and I was sick after the 8th day of class. Definitely the earliest cold ever; it's a nasty one and has made the rounds of the staff.

9. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Sep 27, 2011

Record for me...sick the first day of school with bronchitis and a sinus infection. Still recovering.

10. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 28, 2011

My throat has been scratchy and sore for the past week or so; it's pretty typical for me at this time of year. I'll be lucky if I make it until the end of November without bouts of bronchitis and laryngitis (both seem to be allergy induced).

11. jen12

jen12 Devotee

Sep 28, 2011

Sometimes I'd like to be able to stand at the door and spray down each student with Lysol as the enter the room.

12. yearroundteach

yearroundteach Companion

Sep 28, 2011

Yep, currently. I have had a cough, sore throat, and sinus issues for the past few days. But what knocked me down and made me call out was the pink eye that appeared yesterday :mad: The doorway Lysol spray down would really be helpful sometimes. We should have decontamination stations right outside our doors!

13. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Sep 28, 2011

We started mid- August. I was sick by the first weekend...haha but since then I haven't had anything *knock on wood*

14. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Oct 1, 2011

I was sick by the end of the second week -- it didn't surprise me because on the very first day of school little Johnny comes in coughing and his nose is like dripping thick, greenish yellow mucus (ewwww). I told him to get tissues whenever he liked and not to wait for my permission, to use hand sanitizer and whenever I saw him sneezing without covering his nose, I would remind him. But I just KNEW I was going to catch it.

And I did.

Luckily for me, it didn't last for me as long as it did for John. About four days.

15. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Oct 1, 2011

I had a cold already... I think more from cleaning out my storage unit than the kids. My Neti pot cleared my nose up in a few days.

16. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Oct 1, 2011

My sinuses have been bothering me this week. I took Nyquil for 3 nights in a row just to make sure I slept well. I hope this passes quickly!

17. teacherhoosier

teacherhoosier Companion

Oct 1, 2011

I've had the flu this week..struggled through it Wed., but had to stay home Thurs. and go to the dr...came back on Fri. even though my doctor didn't want me to to..Here at school this weekend even though I probably need to be resting..It's 11 now, I'm giving myself until 5 to work, and whatever doesn't get done will wait until Monday, or if it can be done on Sun., go home with me to do while I watch football..

18. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Oct 2, 2011

Not me.... but then I usually don't come down with something until January.

However, my hubby has come down with a cold... and good gravy! You would think it is the end of the world.