AnyAdvice on Teaching a grade 3/4 combo class?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Miss Nelson, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Miss Nelson

Miss Nelson Rookie

Apr 2, 2007

I have an interview tomorrow and I never taught a multilevel class. If they ask me how ould I do it I really would not know. I guess I would present the material whole group and then have leveled centers while I worked with one grade and then switch.

Also I have been stuck on "describe your classroom" and describe developmental learning".

Help I am so nervous and so wanting this job!

thanks.

PS. I have an old portfolio from the grade that I am interviewing for ( 2002), should I bring it or just bring my letters of recommendations and letters from the teaching coaches when they have observed me?

3. teacherfan

teacherfan Cohort

Apr 3, 2007

Classroom management and procedures are key in this kind of classroom, be prepared to discuss what you would do. I subbed in a 5/6 class a while ago and the teacher gave each grade a color. For example, 5th grade was blue so their worksheets were copied on to blue, 6th grade was yellow so their stuff was copied on to yellow. this wasn't done for tests but for spelling and vocab lists, etc. She also had two bins for each day. All the 5th grade work was in one and the 6th grade in the other (again these were color coded). This is all I can think of, good luck!

4. Miss Nelson

Miss Nelson Rookie

Apr 4, 2007

Thanks! I have not heard, but the interview went well and even if I did not get the job it was a great experience.

5. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Apr 4, 2007

What questions did they ask you?