Any teachers in Maryland??

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by shoreline02, Sep 30, 2011.

1. shoreline02

shoreline02 Cohort

Sep 30, 2011

Any teachers in MD and did anyone teach in an urban district their first year?

I have an interview on Monday for a charter school in Baltimore, MD. I'm from Pennsylvania so I do not know much about this area.

Also, the school is in an urban area which I have no experience with. My student teaching experiences were in predominantly white areas. It just makes me a little nervous because it would also be my first year teaching.

3. elateacher4life

elateacher4life Cohort

Sep 30, 2011

I hope the interview goes well.

4. Geauxtee

Geauxtee Comrade

Sep 30, 2011

I moved from a rural area to a predominately urban area, and I have been job searching here. First off, the question always come up is what were the demographics at your last school?

I think you need to emphasize that you understand the challenges of an urban classroom and how you will go about handling them. You can talk about former students who were challenging. You can also talk about how you help students who lacked parental support at home or students who were from high poverty backgrounds. Classroom management will come up, and you better have a highly detailed plan on how you plan to run your class.

Hope this helps !:)