Any teachers from Indiana?

Discussion in 'Music Teachers' started by Catie Monkeey, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Catie Monkeey

Catie Monkeey Rookie

Mar 15, 2014

Hi, I am going to be moving to Indiana in August and I was wondering what it is like to teach music there? I don't know anyone over there and thought it would be nice to introduce myself and talk to people before the big move from Australia.

My name is Catherine. I have been teaching for 6 years in Queensland and New South Wales and I'm an Australian/US citizen. I moved a lot as a child and spent a few years in Kentucky and Virginia before moving to Australia. I really enjoyed the lifestyle in the states (not so much West- disliked California :help:-where most of my family is). I have enjoyed teaching over here but I am looking for some new challenges and a change of scene.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Catherine.:)

3. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Mar 15, 2014

Haven't taught in Indiana, but make sure you figure out now exactly what you'll need to do to get certified.

4. Catie Monkeey

Catie Monkeey Rookie

Mar 15, 2014

yes thanks for the advice I'm onto it.

5. mcqxu

mcqxu Comrade

Apr 4, 2014

I am from Indiana, but no longer live there - born and raised! Where will you be teaching? The question you asked is very much dependent on the type of school you'll be employed in, just like everywhere else.