Any student ever babysat for your kids?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Leatherneck for Life, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Leatherneck for Life

Leatherneck for Life Rookie

Oct 15, 2016

One of my juniors in my history classes, a really smart and sweet girl babysits for my children after school. They love her, especially my oldest, who's five. What I find funny is how my daughter always interrogates her about her relationship, and then later tells my wife and I, "I want a boyfriend like hers when I grow up." Anyway, she does a good job, the kids like her, the house stays clean... I think it's a good match. Any of your students or former students babysat for your kids or did any kind of work for you?

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 16, 2016

I had a couple of students who babysat for me when I was teaching. They were current students at the time. Both have graduated and are off preparing for their future so no more babysitting for me.
    :(

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 16, 2016

Well, my kids are 30 and 33, so I don't foresee it happening.

ChildWhisperer likes this.
  5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Oct 16, 2016

I have one former student whom we regularly hire to take care of our house and pets when we are out of town. She occasionally watches our kid. She is very responsible and I trust her fully. My kid likes her a lot.

6. geoteacher

geoteacher Devotee

Oct 17, 2016

When we first moved to this area, I didn't know any young people of babysitting age. I did use two of my students to help out. They were sisters who were very responsible, and I felt quite comfortable with both of them.

7. linswin23

linswin23 Cohort

Oct 20, 2016

I had my colleague's son (a student at my school, but whom I didn't teach, personally) feed my cats while my husband and I went on a cruise. We came back and were amazed at how clean the place was. We even left him cash on the table and he only took half of it, writing a note to us saying he didn't need as much as we were giving. He's an awesome kid--now in the navy.

8. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Oct 24, 2016

I babysat for my HS English teacher when I was 15. :)

9. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Oct 24, 2016

I am going to turn this around..lol. When I subbed I had babysat for about a handful of students when they were younger! Lol. It was always fun. They were my neighbor's children. I always warned classes that so & so may call me by my first name by accident. Lol. One of them came to work in my classroom (after I was hired)when he was a senior.