Any Special Education TeachersOut There???

Discussion in 'Special Education Archives' started by Seich30, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Seich30

Seich30 Comrade

Mar 2, 2002

I would really like to communicate and share stories with some other teachers who teach special education. I work with 3, 4, & 5 year old of various exceptionalities. Anyone interested??

Sharlene
    mitzi-6@msn.com

3. teachergary

teachergary Guest

Jul 18, 2002

communicate....

Ive been on the elementary education forum because they did not have Sp-Ed yet. I'm a researcher in Sp-Ed and will be teaching in the fall. Just completed the "regular education. special education credentials at The California State University, Bakersfield. I have just the exam to take for the Masters in Sp-Ed. I have my own Special Ed. web-site but don't know the http// address by heart....you can e-mail me at "garymorris7@hotmail.com". Go to the elementary ed. forum and check out my "reading strategies" and see what you think about "Super Word Wall". Your Friend in Combat, Gary Morris

4. AJK

AJK Pre-k Montessori Teacher

Jul 18, 2002

I teach teach children ages 2 1/2-4 with various special needs, and the past two years I've been the home tutor for a little boy (he's now 6) with autism. I'd love to share/hear tips, strategies, stories, etc. You can always e-mail me at prekmontessori@aol.com, or post here :)

A J :)

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Jul 18, 2002

I work with students with multiple handicaps and there is not much on the internet that assist me with severe/pround conditions. Assessment is one weak area. Who can help?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Jul 19, 2002

HELLO! I teach preschool special ed in Alabama. I'm always needing new ideas and willing to share what I know. (Sometimes that doesn't seem like much. *smile*) Feel free to email me at lori@urisp.net. When does school start for everyone? Our little ones start back August 12th. TOO HOT!!!

Lori

7. suriley

suriley Rookie

Jul 20, 2002

Hi! I'm a spec. ed. pre-k teacher in North FL

I teach in the panhandle of FL. I taught a 3 year old inclusion pre-k class of 17 children (half w/ spec. needs) for 2 years. I really loved it. Now I am over 2 pre-k classrooms (same school) of 4 year olds - children w/ special needs, early intervention kids, a few paid daycare kids. Does anyone have any ideas for charts that I can record data on that is simple and straight forward that records their goals and progress? Please, please - our kids start Aug. 19th.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Aug 22, 2002

I teach inclusion at the eighth grade level if you have any questions?

9. AlliM

AlliM Guest

Aug 29, 2002

I teach LH Special Day class for K-6th grades. I have 23 students in 7 grade levels and at times feel like I am losing my mind! There is no hope for a new SDC teacher in our district in the near/far future.

10. sarasped

sarasped Rookie

Aug 30, 2002

I teach in a K-2 cross categorical special education classroom. I would also love to share stories and tips with others.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Sep 2, 2002

Veteran New Jersey Special Education Teacher
    14th year in the Ventnor Public Schools.
    would enjoy sharing the blood, sweat, and tears......laughs :)

when e-mailing note in subject line please to avoid trash can...
    NJEA SpecialEd BB

Also would be happy to help and share with all.

Frank Cerullo

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Sep 2, 2002

13. sweet923

sweet923 Guest

Sep 3, 2002

I've been in sped almost 10 years. Have many stories, many ideas and am willing to share what I know. My population is currently Severed ED. They, as well as me are in an out placement within the school district. We are the bastard child of the district. I'm sure that sounds familiar to many sp ed teachers. What a shame. The kids are so reachible if given time, opportunity and a few extra dollars for better life experiences. We can't fix everything! or can we?

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Sep 3, 2002

I am a new teacher in Washington state. I started teaching in March. I teach a K-1 Special Ed class if you are interested in chatting. My email is cherijean79@hotmail.com. Talk to you soon. Cheri

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Sep 5, 2002

I am a new Special Ed teacher in a 6 th grade class. Can anyone tell me if there are any good web sites to help with lessons?

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Sep 5, 2002

I a a new sped teacher of a k-1 intensive sped classroom. I tought in a privet school for 3 years and this is my first time in a public school, Tday was my second day of school and I feel so over whelmed. One student is so far ahead of the other students in the classroom. Any Ideas of how to challenge him with group lessons? Thanks
    Carrie

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Sep 8, 2002

I teach a K -2 SPED class and am very interested in chatting and sharing ideas. Kathorner23@hotmail.com
    Also, I have extensive training in Autism.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Sep 10, 2002

To all Special
    Education teachers God Bless You, Hang in There, and Have a Great Day (one at a time) Fellow veteran

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Sep 11, 2002

i teach in ny, long island. i have children ranging from 6 to 8 i could use some help. thanks

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Sep 11, 2002

i could use some help with a "life skills" class. thanks
    margaret

21. Guest

Guest Guest

Sep 27, 2002

I'm a veteran special ed. and regular ed. teacher. I have taught in classes for students with emotional need, learning support needs and severe/profound multi-handicapped needs. I started as a teacher of English on secondary level. Currently I teach learning support as a full time position, and am an adjunct instructor in the evening. I would be interested in life experience/war stories to share with my evening students in an Intro. to Exceptionalities class. Thanks! afecenko@losch.net