Any Special Ed Parents???

Discussion in 'Special Education Archives' started by gpsysngbrd, Sep 9, 2002.

1. gpsysngbrd

gpsysngbrd Companion

Sep 9, 2002

I know this is a board for teachers but I am just wondering if there are any parents of children with disabilities or special needs around here. See, I am a junior early childhood education major at Illinois State University, which basically means I must sit through hours of classes where teachers cram my head full of knowledge before sending me out into the real world. In my special ed class my teacher assigned a project to more or less write a profile of a special needs child. I thought why not try here to start. The child must between the ages of 0-8.
    I have been lurking here for a while and I feel more comfortable about becoming a teacher after reading everyones experiences.

Thanks!
    Katie

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Sep 10, 2002

4. Shawnmarie

Shawnmarie Rookie

Sep 10, 2002

My twins are learning disabled, and receive services in reading, writing, math, and speech. I would be happy to help. Oh, by the way, they're 12 years old and in 7th grade.

5. gpsysngbrd

gpsysngbrd Companion

Sep 10, 2002

Walter, thanks for the website! I put a post there, hopefully something comes out of it. Shawn, if this doesnt work may I ask my questions to you about your girls? Although the packet is huge I promise to keep it as short as I can :p I will let oyu know ASAP

Thanks again
    Katie

6. Shawnmarie

Shawnmarie Rookie

Sep 10, 2002

Not a problem, Katie, I would love to help :)