Any Pics Yet?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by teacher62604, Aug 8, 2005.

1. teach2004

teach2004 Companion

Sep 2, 2005

I finally uploaded my pictures off of my camera. I will try to post more later that give you a better idea of the different corners. Right now you just see general areas. I have some before pictures (a blank slate), and some of what it looks like now.
    Select the "view Photos without signing in" option on the bottom right side. You do not have to have an account to view the pictures. Hope you enjoy. Any comments or suggestions are wonderful! :)
    View Pictures

2. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 2, 2005

Teach,
    Looks so nice and cheery! Where did you get the cute Clifford cut outs? Clifford is my class mascot, and I was looking for things like that and had no luck. Very nice job:)

3. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Sep 2, 2005

teach 2004 -
    Wow! Your door decoration is SO, SO cute! Did you make that all yourself? And your curtains are wonderful. I've got to find a way to get some curtains up in my room (even though I don't sew a lick!!!)
    Great room!

4. Sylbyl

Sylbyl Rookie

Sep 3, 2005

Teach2004, what a great classroom. It is so amazing how you can make something from nothing (smile)!!

5. jcg

jcg Cohort

Sep 3, 2005

Love the "bushel of fun" bulletin board. Do you like those desks? They seem large to me.

6. Teacher13

Teacher13 Rookie

Sep 3, 2005

Dont see that option?? Do you need to sign in?

7. Sylbyl

Sylbyl Rookie

Sep 3, 2005

Teacher13

Just click on the picture.

8. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Sep 3, 2005

Paper trays on the windows

Camcdade- I decided in an effort to be more organized this year, I'm going to use the paper trays on the windows. One of them holds extra copies of homework planner pages for when the kids forget their hw planner...that way they can still be responsible enough to write down their hw! (I sign the pages everyday, so they really have no choice...lol).

I also have an extra paper tray where the kids can go when they are missing a paper (such as a worksheet or a school flyer) and if I have any extra worksheets that we don't get to, I sometimes put them in there to either be completed at the kids leisure if they choose or to be used as drawing paper (using the blank side on the back).

One tray also holds our class stationary. My school participates in the "Wee Deliver" postal system in the school. I leave out blank letter forms so the kids can write to their friends. Each classroom has its own address and we have postal workers too. Its great! I have a Wee Deliver postal worker as a classroom job. He/she takes the completed letters to their real mailbox thats in our hallway:)

The other 4 trays have different blank lined paper. There are 4 different styles of paper. Some have blank space at the top for pictures, other are only lined. I put labels behind the trays so I can tell the kids to take a piece of writing paper #1, 2, 3, or 4 or they can just take whatever they choose to write on.

As for my desk- we haven't started school yet...we start on Tuesday. So by Friday my desk may look very different, but I hope not! :)

9. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 3, 2005

Leigh
    I just saw your post for your classroom. You look so organized! Your room really looks nice, and a fun place to learn. Great job!! I love your Tee shirts...........I stole that idea from you and had my families decorate them before school started. They are hanging up outside my classroom and I've gotten several comments on them already! :) (thanks for that)

10. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Sep 3, 2005

Kinderkids...I'm glad you liked the idea! I actually used my dad a lot for that...hes a high school art teacher so he cut out the t-shirts with an x-acto knife and did the lettering. I asked the kids to bring a small picture of themselves on the first day of school...they will go on the t-shirts (thats why they are more decorated). But I'll be sure to bring my digital camera for those who forget! I'll post a picture of the "finished product" if I can:)

11. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Sep 3, 2005

Just a note...I took a picture of the table in the front of the room because grandma and I sewed the table skirt! It was quite an experience because I don't sew and she's getting old...but it was still fun! And now I can store some things underneath and the kids don't know! hehe

12. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Sep 3, 2005

My husband was an art major in college and works in graphic arts........he is ALWAYS doing stuff like that for me as well. Isn't it great knowing people who can do those kinds of things for you? Also, I liked seeing your picture.........very cute! It's nice putting a face to the person you "know" on the forum! :)

13. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Sep 3, 2005

Oh yes its great! My dad was so useful in setting up my classroom this year:) He came in to help me hang posters...and then he came up with the idea of using my school colors in the lettering of the t-shirts. He knows hes in trouble when he retires in a few years and he has all his time to devote to my room instead! :)

The picture is actually from my first year of teaching...hehe...I've highlighted my hair since then, but thats probably the last time I've had a picture with my natural hair color (hard to believe it was once the color of that picture with my mom when I was so young isn't it?? Used to be white blond...not anymore!) Glad you like it:) I know I look like I'm 15! hehe :) Parents usually can't believe I am actually old enough to teach!

14. teach2004

teach2004 Companion

Sep 3, 2005

kinderkids - I got the Clifford things at my local school supply store. I have the calendar bb set and the classroom helpers bb set. I made the dog bowls for the one that I have up because I can't find the bowls that came with it :confused: We have a dog bone cutout in our supply room, so I cut out bones to put their names on. I used these several places in my room.

camcdade - I did make the door myself. I used green tissue paper for the leaves. The apples are cutouts from Carson Dellosa. I made the basket. It was actually pretty easy. I'm not much of an artist. It turned out better than I thought it would. I have received several compliments on it. As for the curtains, they were already in my room. I don't sew either, so I'm very thankful that they were there.

jcg - They are large. I like them because my bigger kids fit in them no problem, but my shorter kids can't reach the floor. I have trouble arranging them because they take up so much room. It doesn't really matter, though. We are moving to a new school in October, and we will have tables with chairs there.

Thank you guys so much for the compliments. I worked hard. And just think, I have to do it all over again in October! :eek:

15. deko9

deko9 Rookie

Sep 5, 2005

too many books?

16. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Sep 5, 2005

I have a large tub for "New Arrivals". We keep those books in there for several weeks and then incorporate them into the rest of the library. I have so many books as it is, (took me a long time) that I am not adding very many this year. If necessary I will start taking out some older, less popular books to replace with newer ones. Haven't had to do that yet. I also take away two large tubs of picture books at Christmas time, so I'll have those to fill with other books.

17. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Sep 5, 2005

camcdade- I LOVE your classroom. I have been looking at the pictures and I have been trying to figure how I can make it work in my fifth grade room. Even made my dh look at them :) . I already have book crates-which kind of makes me an oddity for the upper grades. I would have loved to have you as a teacher!!!!! Where in Tx. do you teach?

18. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Sep 5, 2005

Thank you so much for the compliment! I am in Amarillo...right in the middle of the Texas panhandle. I actually taught 5th grade for 4 years before moving to third. My library in 5th had many of the same boxes, just a few different labels. I went more into the different genres in 5th grade...historical fiction, science fiction, realistic fiction, etc. Even my 5th graders loved the library more than anything else in our room. I'm sure you can make it work wonderfully for you. Good luck! :)