Any Pics Yet?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by teacher62604, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Sylbyl

Sylbyl Rookie

Aug 17, 2005

Dee, You have a great classroom. I especially like your behavior tree.

2. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Aug 17, 2005

I just bought one of those hanging thingies (what are they?!) like camcdade has pictured with stuffed animals in it. I bought it thinking I could come up with something clever, but have yet to do so. Any ideas? I really don't have stuffed animals.

3. ctopher

ctopher Comrade

Aug 18, 2005

I've enjoyed looking at the pictures of your classrooms and I took pictures of mine, but I don't know how to post the link! I have my pictures posted on Ofoto using my Kodak camera, but what link do I post?

Help!

4. ctopher

ctopher Comrade

Aug 18, 2005

I hope this works.

I welcome any questions about my room or any suggestions you might have. I loved looking at all the pictures posted so far.

Christopher

My Room 2005

5. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Rookie

Aug 18, 2005

Christopher what grade do you teach? I have the same All About Me set on a bulletin board in my classroom also. Your room looks great. It is very organized. I hope I get mine that way before school starts!

6. ctopher

ctopher Comrade

Aug 18, 2005

I teach 2nd grade. Well, I wouldn't call myself organized yet, but I'm trying!

7. Sylbyl

Sylbyl Rookie

Aug 18, 2005

Excellent Classroom

Christopher, Your room is FANTASTIC! I love the color and creativity. I wish all of my first graders could go to a great second grade like yours. Your spirit shows :) !!

P.S. Could you tell me about the pocket chart with the green and purple strips next to the sticks to the rules board?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2005
  8. ctopher

ctopher Comrade

Aug 18, 2005

Thank you for the compliment. I wish all the teachers in my school put in the same effort too. Some seem to think that classroom atmosphere isn't as important as what goes on in the room. I take decorating my classroom as seriously as I take decorating my home. Nobody wants to be in a bland boring space!!

To answer your question about the pocket chart, I use it for behavior. It's similar to the stoplight system.

The purple strips have student names on them.

If they break a rule the student moves the first green square to yellow. That is a warning.

If the behavior continues they turn the 2nd one to yellow and have a consequence.

3rd yellow stricter consequence.

For behaviors of agression and destruction they turn to red and the parents and principal become involved immediately. In 6 years I've only had to have 1 student ever go to red.

9. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 18, 2005

I have one too, but don't have it up yet. What about books that correlate with th unit you're teaching? You could also put certain supplies like scissors in them. I don't let my students keep scissors, glue, or markers in their desk. I learned my lesson during student teaching.

10. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Aug 24, 2005

Hmmm, I wonder if it is strong enough to hold books. I will have to check it out once I am allowed in my building!!! I am stressed!!!! :(

11. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Aug 24, 2005

My stuffed animals are actually my "book buddies". They are all stuffed book characters. I have Clifford, Arthur, his sister D.W., friend the Brain, Junie B. Jones, David (From No, David!), the Cat in the Hat, the Grinch, the owl from Harry Potter, Pooh, etc. I use them for incentives for good behavior and using good reading strategies. If I see a student doing these things, they get a book buddy pass and can go pick one to either sit on their desk and watch them work or to read to. The kids love them and work hard to earn one!

12. canada friend

canada friend Rookie

Aug 24, 2005

I'm loving the book buddy idea! I may have to go and scour some yard sales this weekend and the second hand stores. Do you think gr.2's will love it andthey won't be too "old" for it?

13. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 25, 2005

I don't think so. Remember, at the beginning of the year they're still babies (you know-innocent and sweet). Even by the end of the year, they'll still love it.

14. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Aug 25, 2005

I teach 3rd and they still love it!

15. Aruba

Aruba New Member

Aug 25, 2005

Your room looks great. I am a new second grade teacher and would appreciate any ideas you may have. Unfortunatly I half about a quarter of the space but am trying to work with it. I will be looking back at your pics for support

16. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Aug 26, 2005

Camcade, What a great idea!!

17. futuremrs_noble

futuremrs_noble Rookie

Aug 26, 2005

18. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Aug 28, 2005

19. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 28, 2005

camcdade- How long did it take you to acquire all of those book buddies? I like that idea:)

20. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Aug 28, 2005

I got them all over the summer. Most I found on Ebay for really cheap. (I'm soooo addicted to Ebay!)

21. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 28, 2005

I am too...I can't tell you how many things I've bought this summer. I never knew about Ebay teacher stuff until one of Amanda's posts...now I can't stop myself. hehe :)

22. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Aug 28, 2005

I got addicted this summer to Ebay too. I got some great things. I have already spent too much already so I have to take a break.

23. canada friend

canada friend Rookie

Aug 29, 2005

As far as the book buddies, I also loved the idea. I went to yard sales in our area on the weekend and picked up an Arthur, Scooby doo, pooh bear and rabbit from pooh bear. Not bad for one morning of yard sales. I would now like to find a clifford and a franklin. I think I'll try our second hand stores in town. Never tried ebay, are they really good prices? Do you have to pay for shipping as well?

24. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Aug 29, 2005

Yes, you have to pay shipping, but it's usually not much. I just bought another Junie B. Jones doll that cost me $3 and $2.50 for shipping. So $5.50 is not bad for a brand new doll that would cost much more from the store.

25. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

Aug 30, 2005

OK Here are a few pictures of my classroom.

Go to www.bebo.com
    My user name is heatherivance
    and my account is aaronhiv
    the folder is under school...there are only a few (4) but it is some of my room

26. Sylbyl

Sylbyl Rookie

Aug 30, 2005

Cute Room

Hanvan, You have a really cute room. I can't wait until you post more pictures. I especially love your purple & lime green chairs. I have the same colors in my room. I have a purple carpet in my reading section and a green one in the front of my room that has purple masking tape that make square for my first graders to sit. I would really like to know were you got the colored chair and the price if you don't mind telling.

Sylvia

P.S. Your puppies are really cute too!!

27. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 31, 2005

Oh my gosh I love the easy chairs. Your BB tree looks great, too. The dogs are precious!

28. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

Aug 31, 2005

I got my chairs at wal mart last year for 50 each...kinda high but I couldn't resist! Thanks for the comment on the pups....I LOVE them soooo much!

29. Teacher13

Teacher13 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005

how do I see your pics? Do I need a password?

30. dee

dee Companion

Aug 31, 2005

very cute classroom. My 9 year old loved the chairs. :)

31. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

Aug 31, 2005

I posted my password and user name in the earlier post. The kids love those chairs they recline

32. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Sep 1, 2005

33. Nisey

Nisey Companion

Sep 1, 2005

great classroom leighball. I have to remember to take pictures of my classroom before the students arrive tomorrow

34. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Sep 1, 2005

Nice classroom Leighball! I am going to try to take pictures tomorrow. I am almost all finished setting up. I just have to finish labeling everything.

35. Teacher13

Teacher13 Rookie

Sep 2, 2005

What is your user name a pass on the kodakgallery? I cant see your pics!

36. Ex-teacher

Ex-teacher New Member

Sep 2, 2005

I was actually thinking to:
    1. take the pictures of the classroom
    2. select the best shot together with the kids
    3. upload the pics - there are so many free website editors such as dreamweaver, sitekreator, homepage and tons of other ....
    4. create our yearly website together with the students

What do you think?

37. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Sep 2, 2005

That's a great thing to do. If you take pictures with the kids, you need to get a permission slip signed. I send out a permission slip at the beginning of the year saying that we will be participating in internet and media activities. The students pictures may be posted on our website and in the local paper without names. Then I give the parents the option of pictures or no pictures. I haven't had a one yet say no pictures, but you want to make sure you're covered.

38. deko9

deko9 Rookie

Sep 2, 2005

Everyone, your rooms look wonderful. I moved to a brand new building this year. Still unpacking and 'trying' to make it feel comfortable and inviting without feeling to stark WHITE. We are all scared to start putting things on the walls. At our old school we would staple, nail, hot glue, drill holes, anything went, but now... I don't want to be the first. I know it takes time, but the thing was my room 'use' to be inviting, I'm afraid I won't get it back... everything's just too.... NEW!!!! Don't get me wrong, I am grateful. I'll work on gettting pics. this weekend. I have a OFOTOaccount just don't know how to get you guys to my account.

39. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Sep 2, 2005

leighbball,
    Your room looks great! I love your t-shirt display and I am so impressed with your neat and tidy desk area! :) I'm only three weeks in to the year and I already can't see the top of my desk. :eek: (It looked so pretty only a few days ago!)

What do you use all of those paper trays for (on the window cabinets)?

40. dee

dee Companion

Sep 2, 2005

Cute classroom, it is really nice.