Any Pics Yet?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by teacher62604, Aug 8, 2005.

1. teacher62604

teacher62604 Companion

Aug 8, 2005

I was wondering if anyone has taken pictures of thier classrooms for this year yet? I have pictures of my room last year, but not this year yet. I'm still in the process of decorating. But I'd love to see other rooms to get ideas for this year. Anyone already take some?

[​IMG]

3. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Aug 12, 2005

My Classroom Pics - Finally!

Well... my room is finally ready. Whew! School starts next Tuesday (16th)and I've been working on things for the last several days. This is my third grade Reading/Language Arts classroom. You'll see pics of my classroom library, my Birthday board, behavior board, my teacher area, the wall outside my door in the hallway, various bulletin boards, etc. One pic of my computers shows a blank white wall behind - that's because I leave that wall for the charts and posters I make with my students throughout the year. I forgot to take a picture of my decorated door, so I will have to add that later. The link below takes you to Kodakgallery.com When you get there, click on the link that says, "View photos without signing in."

I hope others will post some pictures, too. I love looking at other classrooms! :love:

My Classroom Pics '05

4. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Aug 12, 2005

Your room looks so inviting! Thanks for sharing. :)
    I love the fish net idea-very clever.

5. Noel

Noel Companion

Aug 12, 2005

Awesome

Your room looks great!!

6. Sylbyl

Sylbyl Rookie

Aug 12, 2005

Lovely Class Camcade

:) I really liked your room. I'm going to add a book box for the books I've read to my class. Thanks for sharing! :D

7. canada friend

canada friend Rookie

Aug 12, 2005

Great work! Looks like you are sooo organized. The kids are going to love your classroom.

8. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 12, 2005

I love you colorful, homey classroom!

9. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Aug 12, 2005

I loved looking at your pictures! Your students are going to love learning there. Quick question do you have your charts on clothing hangers? Could you explain how you did that. It looks like a great way to store them. Thank you!

10. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Aug 12, 2005

Oh my, your room is wonderful! It looks so cozy and inviting.......I would love to be a student in your class! I especially loved your bday board! So cute! What do you do with the Personality Tree? It made me really curious! How long did it take you to get it all set! I'm jealous! :p

11. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 12, 2005

If I had a son or daughter, I would want him or her in your third grade class (I have never met you, yet your room carries personality). I am extremely picky about these types of things, so it's quite a compliment! :)

12. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Aug 12, 2005

camcade...I love your room.

My room is such a mess right now while I am trying to organize things that I would be embarassed to put pictures on here. Maybe in a few weeks I will get there.

13. TiffanyL

TiffanyL Cohort

Aug 13, 2005

You room is sooooooo sooooooo sooooooo cute. I just love it. I will take pics of mine next week to share. I'm not quite done yet. Even when I am done, though, I don't think it will look like yours - great job!

TiffanyL

www.geocities.com/littlelyonstudents

14. Sylbyl

Sylbyl Rookie

Aug 13, 2005

Great Ideas in the lesson on your site!

I looked at your website and the first day of school lesson plan (very nice). I might steal the idea about the students coloring their names and then laminate them to paste on their lockers. Since I'm kind of funny about how my word wall looks. Anyway, I was wondering about the family poem that you read the first day. Do you mind sharing?

15. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Aug 13, 2005

Thanks for the great comments, everyone! You've made my day!
    Ms. Jasztal, I consider that the ultimate compliment... thank you! :)

Teacherbell - I bought a cheap garment rack at the dollar store ( I think it was $10). I used old wire hangers I had at home and then used packing tape to tape the hanger to the back of each chart so I could hang them. I left only the hook showing at the top for hanging. I had so many great charts, but they were always in drawers somewhere and the kids weren't getting any use out of them, so I thought this would be a good way for the kids to have easy access to them and even take them to their desks during work times if needed.

Kinderkids - The idea for my Personalitree actually came from a teacher on a third grade forum that I belong to. I'm so excited about it. I created an apple glyph for my students to do on the first day of school. The glyph tells all about them. These will be the first decorations on our "Personalitree". When I take down the apples, I will change the banner to one of these titles : "Our Activitree", "Our Creativitree", or "Our Poetree". I plan to leave the tree up all year and just change the activities I display on it.

16. teacher62604

teacher62604 Companion

Aug 13, 2005

Great Pictures!! Thanks for sharing!! You room looks great. I posted a few pictures of my classroom as I am getting it ready. It's not quite done yet. I'll take some pics when its done too. To see the ones I posted view this thread: http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/showthread.php?t=12159

Thanks!
    [​IMG]

17. TiffanyL

TiffanyL Cohort

Aug 13, 2005

Sylbyl,

Here is the My Family Poem. I use this as an extra time filler on the first day and it flows into the afternoon writing prompt on "My Family". As for the stencil name plates, I post these on a bulletin board so the kids always know how to spell their friends' names. The idea of putting them on their locker sounds really cute!

TiffanyL

See My Family

See my family, see them all
    Some are short and some are tall
    Let's shake hands, how do you do
    See them bow, how are you
    Father, mother, sister, brother and me. All nice to one another.

18. Dee452

Dee452 Comrade

Aug 13, 2005

camcdade- your room looks very inviting. Thanks for sharing.

19. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

20. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2005

Your Websites Are Sooooooo Cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Can't Wait To Have My Own Classroom Too!!!!!

21. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 13, 2005

Camcdade- I am in love with your classroom. I am slowly getting mine to look the way I want it to, but having mine look as organized and colorful as yours is a definite goal (not for this year, but the future definitely). I bet your kids never want to leave! :)

22. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Aug 13, 2005

Thanks for sharing all of your pictures I am getting a lot of great ideas!!

Camcdade,
    Thanks for sharing your chart idea. I think that is a great way to use all of the charts without taking up a lot of wall space.

23. kidsIam

kidsIam Rookie

Aug 13, 2005

I enjoyed looking at your pictures. I cannot wait to start decorating my room Thanks for sharing them.

24. TiffanyL

TiffanyL Cohort

Aug 13, 2005

Hello Everyone,

I would like to post pictures this year of my classroom on my class website. Can anyone help me with this process? I have a digital camera and I know how to upload them to my computer, however, when I try to upload them to my website, the size is always too large. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I would greatly appreciate any help you might be able to give me!

TiffanyL

25. herins

herins Companion

Aug 14, 2005

Tiffany, if you have photoshop you can use the "save for web" feature to resize. If you do not have photoshop, can you tell us if you have an editing software program you use?

26. TiffanyL

TiffanyL Cohort

Aug 14, 2005

Okay, let's see, I do not have photoshop. My digital camera is a Kodak Easyshare and I am just getting familiar with it. I love it but I don't think I am educated enough to use it with my website, etc. For now, I have to upload my photos from my camera. To put them onto my website, I have to choose a photo and save it to my computer. Then, I upload it to the site but I don't seem to have any control over the size. Often, the picture is takes up anywhere from half to and whole page. Obviously, this is not what I am wanting and I can not figure out how to resize the image. Thanks so much for your time. I really appreciate it.

TiffanyL

www.geocities.com/littlelyonstudents

27. herins

herins Companion

Aug 14, 2005

Tiffany, I sent you a pm! :)

28. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Aug 15, 2005

Ok - I took a few more pictures today, including my decorated door. I added them to my photo album here:
    http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=i2dqs9x.ct1bh5t&x=0&y=-rm5b5x

I also changed my library a bit. I moved the tree I had in there to another spot in the back and replaced it with one of those cool lamps that has 5 twistable arms. They were on sale at Target for $16 so I just had to get one! It adds more light in the library!

29. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 15, 2005

Very nice room ,Cam... I have been working on mine, getting organized so I can focus on teaching the kids instead of thinking about decorating! I'm not sure what I want on my ceiling yet...it will be one of those last minute things that just comes to me...
    Anyway, your room is very pretty and inviting...the kids should just love it.

30. Gopher4

Gopher4 Comrade

Aug 15, 2005

31. Gopher4

Gopher4 Comrade

Aug 16, 2005

camcdade - You're room looks awesome. Your kids will be so excited that they are in your room this year. You have made it very kid-friendly.
    Have a great year, sisty!

32. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 16, 2005

Gopher4...How pretty and inviting...now I want to go work on my classroom some more! What is "The Book" in front of your desk for?
    Have a wonderful day! Grammy.....

33. CRD3

CRD3 Rookie

Aug 16, 2005

I like all the cool decorations and neat ideas to start out the year! TiffanyL, your 1st day lesson plan has some great school starters-way too go!

34. Turtle712

Turtle712 Rookie

Aug 16, 2005

i absolutely love you room!!! it definitely has a comforting and cozy atmosphere! i am just curious how long you have been teaching? you are making me a little nervous here...i'm a first year teacher and my room is empty compared to yours! :eek: your room looks awesome!!

35. Gopher4

Gopher4 Comrade

Aug 16, 2005

Turtle712, I'm not sure if you are referring to me, but thanks. This will be my 12 th year teaching. I have collected alot over the years and you will too. Keep it simple while you can. Have a great year.

Grammy Teacher - "The Book" is a discipline log. When a student breaks a rule they go through these steps: 1st Time - verbal warning
    2nd Time - written warning, they sign
    "The Book" with their name
    and rule broken.
    3rd Time- check by their name in the
    book and they have to write
    a plan including what rules
    were broken that day, what
    they did and what they plan
    to do next time to improve.
    The plan is signed by student, teacher
    and parent.

36. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 16, 2005

37. dee

dee Companion

Aug 17, 2005

38. dee

dee Companion

Aug 17, 2005

YAHOO I did it.

39. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 17, 2005

dee, I couldn't get it.

leigh - your desk looks like mine. I would give my right arm for a sink, counters, and cabinets. Thanks for sharing.

40. dee

dee Companion

Aug 17, 2005

Daisy try it now, I had to change my privacy setting.

41. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 17, 2005

That did it. The slideshow worked perfectly. I like your colors and the wall of pocket charts. Did you have to get releases signed to picture the kids?