Any other interns here?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by 12Souza, Aug 7, 2011.

1. 12Souza

12Souza Rookie

Aug 7, 2011

How did you get your job ultimately?

My situation is frustrating me beyond all measure. Getting an internship into PE but I can not find a job. I understand PE is a tough one to get into, however there are openings everywhere.

I have done everything I can do to make myself hireable. I sub within a district and from what I am told, I have a 5/5 star rating (multiple teachers plus some office managers) while completing several long-term assignments over a course of a year. I have coached football at an HS within this district for nearly 5 years now, with the program becoming much stronger. Yet, the district will not give me a call while they have two vacancies available, not even the school I coach for.

Can any1 relate or give advice on what they did to get hired? Ive made a strong resume, cover letter, LOR's and even went as far as to create a sample unit lol.

/vent

3. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Aug 8, 2011

I worked during the last year of my credential program as an intern. Out of 30 of us in our cohort, only 3 had internships - the rest had to do student teaching. I got the internship because of my subbing experience which included some long-term gigs in the area of the job opening. I subbed for about 2 years before landing my internship.

4. 12Souza

12Souza Rookie

Aug 8, 2011

makes sense.. I understand some low-performing districts are under pressure to hire 100% fully credentialed teachers. I mean I am not 'screwed' if I dont get hired this year, I'll still be able to sub in a district that pays subs decently. But man would I love to have my own spot lol.

I guess it'll happen when it happens.