Any other Diagnostic Kindergarten Teachers?

Discussion in 'Special Education Archives' started by Tambra44, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Tambra44

Tambra44 Rookie

Jul 9, 2006

I was wondering if there were any other diagnostic kindergarten teachers out there. I am trying to plan out the beginning of the year and my behavior plans. I thought it would be helpful to talk to someone who has been there already!

3. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 9, 2006

What is a diagnostic kindergarten teacher? What type of students do you have?

4. Tambra44

Tambra44 Rookie

Jul 10, 2006

A diagnostic kindergarten teacher teaches students that have been given early intervention services. I am a kindergarten teacher and I assist in making the decisions about student placement for the next year. Will the student be in included? retained? part time learning support? full time learning support... etc. It is a new position for the school district I work for. Previously it was taught by the IU. Next year will be my first year teaching it so I still have a few questions myself. I was just looking for someone else who teaches a learning support type kindergarten. Thanks for the response!

5. thecottage

thecottage Guest

Jul 11, 2006

Our school district has a good DK program. At least at my SD, they are self-contained until they are ready for 1st grade. They are either placed in a regular class or in the LS classroom. Where in PA are you teaching? I am in the Lehigh Valley.

6. Tambra44

Tambra44 Rookie

Jul 12, 2006

I am in Lancaster, PA! Thank you for the reply... I am so anxious to start but I don't even know which building I am going to be in! I am up for the challenge though. I was just wondering what types of programs for reading, math and behavior other DK teachers use!