Any of You Subs Ever Get Your Pic in the Yearbook?

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by Ms. I, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 31, 2011

I suppose this very, very rarely happens. Maybe if you were a long-term sub all year OR at least the last half of the year, then maybe so since yearbook pics are taken in April I think.

I've never been in a yearbook being a substitute, have you? :)

3. Mark94544

Mark94544 Companion

Mar 31, 2011

I'm not sure I'd ever know if my picture were in a yearbook. As you note, a long-term sub might be included like a regular classroom teacher. But most likely a substitute teacher would only appear in the background of some other picture (maybe at an assembly, or at a club meeting in the classroom). On those rare days when a yearbook photographer (student) visited a classroom where I was teaching, they only took pictures of students, never of me.

4. love2sub

love2sub Rookie

Apr 1, 2011

I have been in our yearbook the last 4 or 5 years. I am blessed to just sub in one building and I am treated like staff by my principal. If I am working the day that staff group picture is done I am welcome to join as well. It is nice for the parents to have a face to put with a name since I am in the building most days. I am also lucky that they use a picture I like the past 2 years :)

5. Subber

Subber Companion

Apr 2, 2011

I would not want to be in one.

6. Subber

Subber Companion

Apr 2, 2011

You must be one of a few subs who get to sub at the same school ALL THE TIME.

7. bunches3614

bunches3614 Rookie

Apr 2, 2011

I don't know if I will be in the yearbook, but as a student teacher they made me take my picture on picture day. As I understand it, all of those go in the yearbook. I don't like the thought of it though because the picture was horrid.

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 2, 2011

Althought I've been subbing at this one school 1-2 days a wk for the past 3 yrs assisting the SLP there & have overall been assisting numerous district SLPs since the end of 2000, I'm never in the yearbooks & it doesn't matter to me. :)

9. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 2, 2011

My mom was regularly in the yearbook when she was subbing. She was pretty much a building sub before the term existed and worked almost every day, so she popped up in a lot of silly moments. My favorite was the time a students was too embarrassed to wear the Big Bird costume she brought for Halloween, so my mother threw it on and wore it the whole day. Thankfully, I have that yearbook! She also sponsored a class council when none of the full-time teachers would do so, putting her in the pictures with the class officers. When the class was getting ready to graduate, they were surprised by the offer of President George H.W. Bush to speak at their commencement. Therefore, my mother wound up sitting on the podium with the President and the Secretary of Education. You know those pictures were in the yearbook and all over the news. Not bad for a substitute!

10. newmissteach

newmissteach Rookie

Apr 4, 2011

I was a long term sub during class pictures, so I should be in the school yearbook with my class!

11. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 4, 2011

I'm a regular ed teacher, for 6 years now, and I've yet to have the correct picture, above the correct caption, with the correct class. I stopped buying them after year 2, when my picture was above Mr. Moore's name. Better than year 1, when there was absolutely no mention of me at all.

Apparently proofreading is a skill that needs to be perfected in our annual class.

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 7, 2011

kcjo13, oh no that's terrible!

By the way, I have every single yearbook when I was a STUDENT from kindergarten through college undergrad. No mistake was ever made w/ my name, etc. I wish my university had made 1 more yearbook when I was a grad student...oh well! I'm working on a 2nd grad degree at another school, so maybe they have yearbooks & I'll have a 2nd chance!