any musicians here?

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by debbie, Oct 14, 2004.

1. debbie

debbie Rookie

Oct 14, 2004

wondering--I am a piano player and years ago taught piano. Havn't done a thing in years with this. Just wanted to touch base with someone who is both teacher and musician.

3. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 17, 2004

I play piano..but have never taught it. No time for it now and only have the keyboard. My youngest son is a musician...we all love music around here. My mom made sure that I had lessons when I was very young and I did the same for my kids. It is a great thing for kids and fills their time with something positive in and out of school.

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 18, 2004

I play the flute. That is, I am able to! I played as a child for many years. Then I played for 10 years in choir as an adult. That was pretty stressful but fun. I played for my kids in school and think I will be doing something for the Christmas show. Also have played in a few weddings.

5. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Oct 18, 2004

Upsadaisy, I too play the flute and have played from the age of 12 -28. I am now 35 and have only played maybe a total of TEN times in the last 7 years! I often pull it out for my two kids to play with. My husband has promised to teach my son SAXOPHONE and I will work on FLUTE with my daughter....I LOVE sitting and playing everything from show tunes, to popular tunes, to goodies but oldies.

6. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Oct 18, 2004

I've played clarinet since 5th grade (wow, imagine that... never woulda guessed, would ya!)... only played once the semester I student taught (brought it in and played for my kids one day as a treat and played with beginning band at the school for one rehearsal since the director was a college friend of mine and he said the section needed to hear someone who actually knows the instrument!)... realized I REALLY missed it, so I'm playing in our Community Band and also playing for contemporary/alternative service at my church... our director loves writing harmony parts for me and 2 saxophone players to play along. :) I also sing in the adult choir at my church. :)

I love music. :)