Any members of proteacher.net??

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by 4alicat, Apr 14, 2009.

1. 4alicat

4alicat Companion

Apr 14, 2009

Is anyone out there a member of proteacher.net? I've signed on as a new member, but cannot activate my username. I've tried sending a message from the "Problem? Let us know." option at the bottom of the pages, but it says that the "message cannot be sent due to insufficient disc space".

I'm really interested in finding out more info about the Daily 5 on their forum, but can't access attachments or post any messages until I officially activate my username?!:confused:

3. pxydst07

pxydst07 Comrade

Apr 14, 2009

I am a member but I'm not much help. Maybe just wait it out and try again tomorrow. Otherwise you might want to try signing up again.

4. 4alicat

4alicat Companion

Apr 14, 2009

Thanks! Over the past 5 days I've been trying 3 different email addresses & signed up w/ 2 different usernames with no success. Tried it from home and work computer. It's just not working for me?!

5. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Apr 15, 2009

I am a member but am no help. It's a great site. I like how teachers attach files on there. I have gotten lots of teacher websites and ideas from the grade level threads.

6. Kary

Kary Rookie

Apr 15, 2009

I'm a recent member. I have never received an activation e-mail after a couple attempts to register, but am able to log on anyway. Not sure how it worked though. :confused: Sorry, not much help.

7. becky

becky Enthusiast

Apr 15, 2009

I'm a member there, but never get emails from them anymore. Might they have changed somehow?

8. Bonnie gr. 2

Bonnie gr. 2 Companion

Apr 15, 2009

Did you try going to the town hall section and posting? I believe the editors check there.

9. 4alicat

4alicat Companion

Apr 15, 2009

Thanks Bonnie gr.2 . . . I tried, but it won't let me post anything until I activate my username . . . which is the whole problem in the first place. Do you think you could post something on there for me because it sounds like others are having the same problem as me. Thanks!!

10. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Apr 15, 2009

hmm strange. the thing that is good about that website, I think, is the file sharing. However, the idea sharing in general is so much busier here :)

11. webmistress

webmistress Devotee

Apr 16, 2009

I've got to stop reading their vent board:eek: It's making me very scared to enter the teaching field.

12. EMonkey

EMonkey Connoisseur

Apr 16, 2009

I am a member there and I have noticed a lot of nonmember posters saying the same thing about not getting e-mail responses to new memberships. I do not think the place has been being moderated as much recently as it used to be, things aren't moved as much in the last few weeks.

13. 4alicat

4alicat Companion

Apr 16, 2009

Thanks so much for the info!! Hopefully I get a response from them soon! There's so much great information and I'd really love to be able to access the attachments that people are posting. (As well as leave my own replies on their forum.) I guess I'll just have to keep waiting!?

14. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 16, 2009

Is proteacher.net free? Is it like this site or different? I'm curious because I've heard about it but I've never been on it.

15. 4alicat

4alicat Companion

Apr 16, 2009

Yes, it's free. It's another forum posting site for teachers. The feature I really liked about http://proteacher.net/ was that teachers can attach file attachments to their posts. Then if you're a member you can just open & download the attachment if you'd like.

I'm just frustrated because I've signed up as a member, have my username & password that work, but have not received the activation email from them to activate my username fully. I can view all of the posts, but cannot post anything myself nor open any attachments (which is the feature that attracted me the most about their site.)

16. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 16, 2009

ok cool...thanks! I'll have to check it out :) I hope your username issue gets resolved soon!

17. 4alicat

4alicat Companion

Apr 18, 2009

There's a glimmer of hope!? I haven't received any email yet, but I was able to submit something on their "Problems? Let us Know" feature. It doesn't say "insufficient disc space" anymore, so hopefully my message makes it through to someone who can help and I'll receive some info soon!

18. GD2BQN

GD2BQN Comrade

Apr 18, 2009

I used to also

receive e-mail notifications in the past and hadn't for about 2 weeks. I did get one today. I'm not sure what's happening.

19. 4alicat

4alicat Companion

Apr 19, 2009

proteacher.net seems to be up and running again. I just kept checking back in and updating my email account for the last couple days. Today it finally took and I received my activation email! Yay!! Thanks for your help/comments everyone.

20. frogger

frogger Devotee

Apr 19, 2009

I'm a member too but never had a problem with signing up.