Any Jane Austen fans?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by SpecialEdTeache, Jun 19, 2010.

1. SpecialEdTeache

SpecialEdTeache Companion

Jun 19, 2010

I just finished reading Pride and Prejudice all the way through for the second time. Mr. Bennett is probably my favorite Jane Austen character in all of her novels.

Anyone else love J.A.?

3. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jun 19, 2010

I'm guilty of loving the movies enough to buy the books. But I have yet to read them :( I do love the story lines though! I think I'm just afraid that I would understand the text.

4. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 19, 2010

I'm a leetle obsessed with Austen. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book. I collect weird little items dealing with her and her novels here and there - including my incredibly awesome Jane Austen action figure. Comes with her own quill!

teaching-n-2 - you'll be fine. Read it slowly or even twice - some of it is difficult. But it's worth it :)

5. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jun 20, 2010

Pride & Prejudice is my all-time favorite book. I have read Emma, Sense & Sensibility, and Mansfield Park but none of them campare to P&P and the world that Jane Austen created in it.

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 20, 2010

I love Jane Austen. I want to start reading her books...will have to add those to my summer reading list.

7. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jun 21, 2010

I loathe her, actually. But one of my friends said Mansfield Park was the book that made her appreciate Austen, so I might give it a go.

8. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jun 21, 2010

Me! Me! Me! I love Jane Austen! P&P is my favorite too, but the others are great as well. The only one I couldn't finish was Mansfield Park. I get too wrapped up in the characters' lives sometimes; I was furious at how Fanny was treated by her family and by the fact that she refused to stand up for herself. I set it aside about half-way through the book. Lady Susan is near the top of my must-read list.

9. BCPMWK

BCPMWK Companion

Jun 22, 2010

Target has the Persuasion dvd for $5. I found it/bought it Sunday. I'm planning to watch it today. :) This will probably lead to watching P&P again too! Mansfield Park is on my reading list for the summer.