Any Ideas to create a game of education

Discussion in 'General Education' started by allyson206, Apr 4, 2008.

1. allyson206

allyson206 Rookie

Apr 4, 2008

Okay, In my creativty, play and learning we have to create a game (board etc.) for education. does anybody have any ideas!!

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 4, 2008

I'm assuming by 'creativity, play and learning' you are talking about a class? Does it have to be a board game? What topic are you interested in integrating into your game? There are many review games, math games, jeopardy...that teachers use...could you give us some more info on what you need specifically?

4. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Apr 4, 2008

Jeopardy (any subject), matching games (any subject), card games, movement games (post things around the room and have students stand by what they think is the correct answer)

5. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Apr 4, 2008

What grade is this for? I have made tons of boardgames and if the students are older it is even better to have them make the game. For older kids I have done one based upon the Devil and Tom Walker- which was very much like candy land. I did a rainbow fish game my little ones LOVE its just a simple game where you roll the dice and move x places, but if you land (on the brown shell) in the mud you miss your next turn, if you land on the red, and get stung by a jellyfish you move back one. Other games include those mentioned above, where you move to whichever corner of the room that has the sign you most agree with regarding a certain question- the signs are usually agree, disagree, not sure. You could also play family feud- break into two teams and have a desk in the middle where one representative from each team stands to decide which team answers first- whoever knows the answer and hits the desk first after the question, then the person answers and that team gets to answer the next question. You need questions that have multiple parts, so each component answer has a point value. I hope this makes sense. There are tons of games, I hope some of these make sense and you are able to use some, but also take the time to be creative and see if you can come up with more. This is supposed to be fun! Enjoy it!

6. KinderMissN

KinderMissN Companion

Apr 5, 2008

memory games work for a variety of levels and skills.

7. allyson206

allyson206 Rookie

Apr 6, 2008

Thanks for all the ideas!! Yes, this is for a ed class that I am in. I am thinking about Rhyming word bingo?

8. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Apr 8, 2008

Here is one to teach 5's. Roll dice, and collect that many beans. When you have 5 beans, you can trade them for a popsycle stick that has 5 beans glued on it. When you have 5 sticks, you can trade that for 5 sticks (with 5 beans on each) that are glued together like a raft. When you have the raft, you win.

9. kburen

kburen Cohort

Apr 8, 2008

Rhyming word bingo would be a good one. Depending on the age that you are looking to use it for (I assume pre-K or K) put pictures and words on it instead of just one or the other.