Any Ideas for Pre-k or Kindergarten

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Grammy Teacher, May 27, 2010.

1. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

May 27, 2010

Hi, I'm looking for a really cute Father's Day idea for my 4 and 5 year olds to make this summer. I've searched high and low on the internet and nothing catches my eye. Any ideas anyone??? :dizzy:

3. teacher36

teacher36 Comrade

May 28, 2010

I make picture frames from foam sheets. The children cut out a circle from the white foam sheet. I cut out the rectangle in the middle for the picture and draw baseball stitches on it with a red sharpie. They write their name and #1 Dad on it and then I tape their picture to the back and put on magnetic tape. We also make a tie card and inside they answer questions like: My dad is ___years old. He likes to play ______, etc.

4. MissSkippyjonJones

MissSkippyjonJones Comrade

May 28, 2010

Oriental Trading has a lot of crafts right now for Father's Day, many you can recreate without having to buy their kits.

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

May 28, 2010

I did picture frames with craft sticks... decorated with thumbprints all the way around and the caption "My dad is thumbody special." I had my 3's draw a picture of them with their dad rather than jsut do a photo inside :)

6. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

May 28, 2010

I saw something cute use a photoframe(wood) and let them paint them. then take there pic but have them put on "one of dads shirts and ties" turned out too cute. Also get diff size boxes you may not need and use those big roll out sheets of paper or construction paper and let the child decorate it with crayons,markers, glitter etc. and then you wrap the box with a note that its a box of love not to be opened!

7. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

May 28, 2010

Thanks for the ideas! I like them!