Any Game of Thrones fans?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ted, Aug 6, 2013.

1. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 1, 2013

It seems to always come out in April sometime.

I would love a dire wolf!

2. Ted

Ted Habitué

Sep 1, 2013

I've always been a fan of the 20s era (Capone, Untouchables, Bugsy Segal!)...maybe I should check out Boardwalk Empire).

3. bison

bison Habitué

Sep 1, 2013

In that case, DEFINITELY check it out! You will spot some familiar characters. It's really beautifully done. My advice is to stick with it if you're bored in the pilot. It can seem a little slow but things pick up and you'll get sucked in. :)

4. Ted

Ted Habitué

Sep 1, 2013

I will...thanks to you all for getting me hooked on ANOTHER show! LOL!

Does Netflix have previous seasons? :confused:

5. bison

bison Habitué

Sep 1, 2013

Oops I edited before reloading the thread! It's not Netflix, unfortunately. :( If you know anyone with HBO or have it yourself, you can set up the HBOgo account and watch it there.

6. MissMae

MissMae Rookie

Sep 1, 2013

Um, hello! Obsessed with GoT!! Love Tyrion & Danaerys! The final was so crazy! I really want to get into the books, but I did that for True Blood and got a little disappointed that they didn't stay on track. Plus, there's about 7 books I think now? He's still writing them from what I hear...

7. eternalsaudade

eternalsaudade Companion

Sep 2, 2013

I think there are only 5 out and he plans to do 7 total. Apparently it was originally supposed to be just a trilogy. :lol:

I haven't read the books but my boyfriend has and said they do include a lot from the books, but a lot of the event sequencing has been changed around.

8. thirdgradebuzz

thirdgradebuzz Comrade

Sep 2, 2013

I've read all 5 of the books that are out and really enjoyed them. I like the show a lot, too, but reading the books added a lot of detail and backstory that doesn't come through in the show.

9. smalltowngal

Sep 2, 2013

You won't be disappointed with GoT. They follow pretty closely to the books, much more than True Blood!

10. smalltowngal

Jul 15, 2014

Heart~as someone who has read the books (and impatiently waiting for him to finish his next one), the Red Wedding still made me cry...and I knew it was coming! Keep watching though because it's just so good!

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 15, 2014

Ohh, that was so sad! Those massacres were horrific! I knew they shouldn't have trusted that crazy loon with all those daughters!!
    I just finished watching season 3 on DVD a few weeks ago so I will have to wait until season 4 DVDs come out since I don't have cable. I don't mind watching the DVDs but I wait so long for them then watch them all in 2 days and then i'm waiting again lol I did try to read the books but I got impatient with the first book after the first 100 pages and gave up. I'm an avid reader but I just couldn't read it at all.