Any GA Pre-K teachers using HighScope?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by MrsCK, Jul 28, 2011.

1. MrsCK

MrsCK Companion

Jul 28, 2011

Hi all!

I am an aspiring Pre-K teacher (I had a job interview and I'm awaiting the results...so I'm just doing all the research I can until I know for sure!) and the school that I want to teach at is a Bright from the Start Pre-K using the HighScope curriculum.

I am just confused about how the two align...with HighScope, do you use the COR assessment or the WSS? Or does your administration decide? Do your lesson plans reflect BftS standards or HighScope standards (or both!)?

I would love it if anyone can provide any information about how your school does it. This school is a public school by the way, if that makes any difference. :) :thanks:

3. Miss J. Pre-K

Miss J. Pre-K Comrade

Jul 31, 2011

Hi, I'm in NC, but I used High Scope in my last public school pre-k job. Yes, we used the COR for assessing, and we had a computerized program. It was a pain, because we had only that one copy on the computer at the school. I would type up my notes at home, and then have to transfer them to the program after the kids left. My lessons were aligned with High Scope objectives--my principal wanted at least the type and the letter of the objective in my plans.

I liked High Scope, and did some Plan-Do-Review with my class, although it wasn't required of me. I found it similar to the Creative Curriculum, if you've ever used that? If you have any other questions, please let me know. By the way, how's the job situation in Georgia looking? I've heard they pay teachers better than here and I'm 3 hours from Atlanta.