Any bloggers out there?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MrsNickerson, May 30, 2011.

1. MrsNickerson

MrsNickerson Rookie

May 30, 2011

I'm always on the look-out for new blogs, and with summer approaching, I'm on alert! I'm especially curious about other third grade blogs... since there doesn't seem to be a big population of third grade teachers out there. I've found LOTS of great first grade blogs. If you're interested, my blog is http://www.oneextradegree.blogspot.com! :)

3. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

May 30, 2011

I have a blog about my experience here in Mexico, but not necessarily about teaching. I might be doing some work on a site, however, blogging about international teaching. So far, the lady hasn't confirmed whether she wants me or not to blog on her site.

4. donziejo

donziejo Devotee

May 30, 2011

I'm not a blogger. I am thinking about becoming one. What was the motivation for you to blog?

5. MrsNickerson

MrsNickerson Rookie

May 30, 2011

I was a lurker for a little while, and I was blogging a little on the side with Ms. Jasztal and two other teachers over at WordPress. At one point, I decided to set up my own individual blog on Blogger after finding a few really great blogs. I loved how those teachers shared ideas and resources with others... and I wanted to be able to do that too. I feel like it's been a great experience. We all have "gotten to know" each other in our little community, and I feel like I've grown a lot as a teacher, by reflecting on my teaching and learning from others too! It's been fun!

6. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

May 30, 2011

I just posted a thread about blogs an how you guys make your cute little activities and worksheets.

I know it is not just with a word document. Someone here said printshop.

If I could figure out of to do it I would LOVE to get into the teaching blogging world. I just do not have a way to show my ideas.

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 30, 2011

Mrs N...I love your blog! I've been following for a few months:love:

8. MrsNickerson

MrsNickerson Rookie

May 30, 2011

Thank you, czacza! :) You are so supportive!

VANewbie, I have a MacBook, but I just make all of my documents on Pages (which is essentially like Word). I convert everything to pdf before I post them to my blog... or my TpT store. It works for me! I know that many other bloggers use Word or Powerpoint to create documents, so you could definitely do it too! You don't need Printshop! I used to think so too... and then I just started playing with my program! It's actually like a hobby now!

9. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

May 30, 2011

You can take pics of some of the activities your kids do-that's all I do on mine.

10. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

May 30, 2011

I have a MacBook too. How do you get pages?

I think I will start a blog this summer. Now I'm excited!

11. MrsNickerson

MrsNickerson Rookie

May 31, 2011

I think when I bought my MacBook, it came pretty much with the basics and I could either choose iWork or Word for Mac. I bought the iWork package with Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. Maybe you already have it: http://www.apple.com/iwork/

12. tgim

tgim Habitué

May 31, 2011

Your blog is wonderful, MrsNickerson! I used to blog weekly with my former class (had them for two years). This year I have only blogged about 2-3 times a season because I am maintaining the webpages for our entire grade level rather than just my own class. I'd love to have the kids actually do the blogging - maybe next year!

(I also use a MacBook - love, love, love it!)

13. njteach41

njteach41 Middle School Social Studies Teacher

Jun 3, 2011

I have a blog but it is not teacher related. I'm new to blogging and decided to start a blog about my cat. It's written like my cat Penny is writing it. It's mostly humor, if you have a cat you'll probably think its funny, lol maybe... :) I would love to know what you all think about it, since this is the first time I've blogged.

http://pennythepurrfect.blogspot.com/

14. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Jun 3, 2011

15. k1m

k1m Rookie

Jun 3, 2011