any Bible readers?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by bonneb, Feb 20, 2008.

1. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Feb 20, 2008

If anyone is interested, there is a new (to me) website called Faith Comes By Hearing. They have some great stuff going on around the world with providing the Bible for the illiterate - another topic.

I just wanted to let you Bible readers know that through this site you can get the New Testament on DVD, to play on your computer or DVD player (audio only). It can be put on your ipod also.

They also offer something called a Bible Stick. It is like an ipod, but has the New Testament already on it for the small price of 29.00! Kinda neat to put it on while you drive or clean house or exercise.

You can get the DVDs for your entire church - there is no "charge" but they do ask that a love offering be taken if you decide to go this way. There is "a billionaire" who is backing this project and it is awesome, so the price is really minimal.

If anyone is interested - just FYI. It is an awesome way to hear the entire NT in 40 days if you follow the suggested schedule.

3. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Feb 20, 2008

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it

4. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Feb 20, 2008

Thanks for the info.. Do they have a online bible study group?

5. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Feb 21, 2008

I don't know about an online Bible study group, but what a great idea!

I am trying to let people in all different churches know about this. Our whole church got on the bandwagon and most everyone listened to the NT in 40 days, all together. It was really neat. Since then, it has started spreading through out town. To me one of the neatest things has been talking to people about what they are listening to who I would not normally even have contact with - it has given me something in common with people.

6. teacheratheart

teacheratheart Companion

Feb 21, 2008

Hey my church did this as a church wide thing at the beginning of last year. All members were given a dvd to keep and you could buy the mp3 player. It was a church goal to have everyone listen to it for the first 40 days of the year. It was super cool!! And I still pull out my dvd and listen to it sometimes while cleaning instead of the radio.

7. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Feb 21, 2008

What a great opportunity!!

Thanks for sharing.

8. glenn

glenn Rookie

Feb 22, 2008

Thanks I used the site to download the NT to my computer and then to my mp3 player.

9. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Feb 22, 2008

I'm so glad!