Any Audiobook Fans Out There?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by KinderCowgirl, Dec 10, 2014.

1. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Dec 10, 2014

I'm looking for a recommendation. I've started listening to books in the car as I drive. The Book Thief is my all-time favorite recorded book-it's perfect with that German accent and Death sounds like what you'd guess Death probably sounds like.

Now I'm listening to The Road by Cormac McCarthy and it's extremely well-written, but heavy prose to listen to-I'd rather have the print to follow.

Anyone have a recording they listened to and really liked?

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Dec 10, 2014

I did not care for The Road and don't feel that it was well-written. I know that there are many people who are like, "Ooooh, what he does with language is sooooo innovative!", but I sort of thought that it was anti-grammar garbage. The story itself was okay; I just couldn't handle the writing it was packaged in.

I am currently listening to Gone Girl. I like that it is read by two different actors, which you don't often get in audiobooks.

If you haven't listened to Harry Potter on audiobook yet, you need to. The actor is incredible and does all the voices amazingly well.

4. heatherberm

heatherberm Cohort

Dec 10, 2014

If you've never read "The Graveyard Book" or "Coraline," the audiobooks are really good. Neil Gaiman does them himself and his voice is divine.

5. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Dec 11, 2014

Oooh I love Neil Gaiman-I also love to hear authors read their own stories because I know that's how they meant it to be read. Thank you for that suggestion.

Caesar-Unfortunately I've already read Gone Girl, but that is cool that they do it in 2 voices. Everyone suggests Harry Potter! ;) But I've already read that as well-I'm not a read a book again kind of gal-but thank you.