Any Advice on requesting an extension on an expired credential?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by meeg, Oct 8, 2021.

1. meeg

meeg Rookie

Oct 8, 2021

I left my job the month right before covid, since then I haven't been able to find work. My credential expired the following March. Does anyone have experience dealing with the CTC? I filled out the paperwork but they want an outrages fee to submit it, not to mention if my excuse isn't "valid" I might be denied. Advice would be appreciated .

3. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Oct 10, 2021

I earned preliminary in '08. '08 was the start of the recession-->teacher layoff era. Through approximately 1,000 online applications over the subsequent five years, was unable to land an interview, let alone a job... to the point where I needed to request the extension. I don't remember the process of renewing being anything combative, more a rubber stamp process though I suppose more people had to do it during that period. Still, I can't imagine any reason to deny an extension, other than maybe criminal or conduct reasons maybe.

4. meeg

meeg Rookie

Oct 10, 2021

that's good to hear i guess, Im afraid of getting rejected considering the price I have to pay and the prospect of not being able to work anymore.