Any advice ideas?

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by grassy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. grassy

grassy Rookie

Nov 18, 2008

Right now I am taking Introduction to Education with Technology.
    Our final project for this class is a lesson plan which we are submitting in chunks. I have a near perfect grade in this class.
    I have submitted my state standards, my benchmarks, and my objectives with no problems. I submitted my assessments last week and she just scored them yesterday. I got a 0. I am shocked and very stressed and hoping she'll give me a chance to redo them.
    However I will still need to redo them as I continue to submit my lesson plan in the chunks I assume that would continue to be a 0 in that area. The lesson plan I had in mind was geared for 2nd grade, fractions and using the comptuer to create a pizza, etc. Theres my technology part and thinking this would be an easier lesson for making my first lesson plan and I could easily find 3 websites and the opportunity to be creative with powerpoint both of those are required part of my final project.
    So in my assessments I had to do initial, informal and formal. I chose to do a ruberic, worksheets, and testing.
    She left me a message (online class) along with my 0 that this was a technology class and she wanted technology in the assessments. I honestly had no clue. I surely do not want to say this teacher is not up to par, however she's not very good at answering questions, takes no part in any discussions, just gave us the assignments and tests and grades them.
    So now, I need to come up with those assessments using technology. any ideas where to fit in technology for assessments?
    She sharred a sample lesson plan with us and in my opinion it's not very good, not that I'd know what a good lesson plan is, however it surely doesnt look like a lesson plan.
    Anyways I'm wordy I know! Thank you in advance if you have read this far!

3. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Nov 18, 2008

Have the students take tests online. There.. done.. and its easier scoring.
    http://www.classmarker.com/
    http://quizstar.4teachers.org/
    You can aways make the worksheets mini tests or quizzes or have students look at pictures on the computer and answer questions on a piece of paper.

4. grassy

grassy Rookie

Nov 19, 2008

Thank you so much!

5. Joelg1980

Joelg1980 Companion

Nov 20, 2008

2nd graders could do well using a Smart Board.

Think about the term "technology". Technology isn't always computer driven; and it isn't always modern. Find a way to enhance their learning using tools that they don't already possess; that is technology. Be creative, but be able to support your creativity with evidence.

6. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 15, 2008

How are you doing in this class?

7. boogaboo214

boogaboo214 Companion

Dec 15, 2008

surveymonkey is another great website to look at. you can make your own surveys and find out what they already know before you teach it, it would be appropriate for 2nd grade and up just be careful in the wording. and you can put questions and answers in your powerpoint too to assess learning as you go that is always a good thing because if they are not getting it you can fix it in the initial lesson rather than have to reteach. put a question or two at the end of the section of the powerpoint and have them write their answers down then put away their pencils or swap papers and then the next slide be the check. if you are going to use a powerpoint use it to its full advantage.