Any ACP teachers in Texas looking for jobs?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by nayelismom, Sep 15, 2007.

1. nayelismom

nayelismom Rookie

Sep 15, 2007

Hi! I'm currently in an ACP getting my certification in EC-4 Bilingual Ed. I just took my first test today and I am pretty sure I passed. I'm going to start looking for jobs pretty soon and wanted to know just how difficult it is going to be for me to find a job. I'm going to look in San Antonio for jobs. Anyone out there in an ACP that has gotten a job and can give me some insight? :thanks:

3. fratbrats

fratbrats Comrade

Sep 15, 2007

I went through an ACP program this summer. It was harder to find a job in EC-4 because most school districts had their job fairs in April. My ACP said that most people coming out of college choose EC-4, so it makes it harder to compete as an ACP candidate. I took the EC-4 exam in June and the Special Ed exam August 4th. I was hired mid-August for a Special Ed position.

You have a huge advantage. Being Bilingual is like having an "Ace in the Hole." You should have no problem finding a job.

Good luck with your test score and job hunting!:up:

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 15, 2007

I don't think you would have any problem if you are bilingual and in SA. Good luck with the job hunt!!

5. kaymurr

kaymurr Rookie

Sep 16, 2007

Ditto! Even in Houston bilingual is like gold.