Another thing to love about the holiday season

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Aliceacc, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 8, 2013

Last night I hosted my annual Christmas gift exchange for 18 (!!) of my family and friends.

We "fought" like crazy to get the gifts we wanted, and shared a million laughs.

During the normal school year, I tend to get very focused on what has to be done. I love that the Christmas season encourages me to stop and enjoy the company of these women who are so important to me.

I ended up with a Mickey Mouse Christmas blowup that will be placed on the front lawn after mass today.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 8, 2013

Sounds like you got the perfect gift!

I organize the cookie swap at school....can't wait!

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 8, 2013

Sounds like a fun time, Alice! Our department is doing a gift card exchange and having lunch out. Looking forward to that! This Christmas season is shaping up to be a low-key one which will be a welcome break.

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 8, 2013

We have our staff party on Thursday night--our first as a staff of our new school. Admin is covering everything and we'll do a gift exchage/steal as well.

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 8, 2013

Glad you had some laughs.

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Dec 8, 2013

I am doing 3 different secret santa's so that will be fun (well, one is a dirty santa gift). I will also be going to a holiday potluck and auction that will raise money for a needy family. I already have 1 gift but have to get 2 more by next Monday so I better get shopping!

8. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Dec 8, 2013

My great thing this holiday season is tomorrow. I'm taking an entire sick day to go to a quick medical appointment, do a banking errand, and take my doggy to the vet. Those tasks should take a total of about 2 hours, so then I will relax, wrap presents, maybe go ship some presents, grocery shop, bake for the school Christmas lunch Thursday, etc. I had hoped to get some of these things done yesterday, but we were basically iced in. It will be so nice to have everything done and not have to worry about it going into the last weekend before break. This may become a holiday tradition!

I would feel guilty, but I have a really good sub, and I have good classes tomorrow, and I left really good plans, so I don't have to worry about my kiddos. Also, the way the medical appointment is, I could take a half day, but if there is any kindof delay at all, it would interfere with making it back in time, and that was the only time I could get an appointment.