Another Shoe Dilemma

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Miss Kirby, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 3, 2008

So I was inspired by all of your posts about cute and comfy teacher shoes and I was off on my own shoe journey this afternoon. :2up:

First stop, DSW. I couldn't find ANYTHING which is ridiculous because that place is huge. :confused:

I went to the mall and visited Famous Footwear and found some that that were comfy, sort of cute, and a good price, but they were a little slippery. :unsure: Here are the Famous Footwear shoes: http://www.famousfootwear.com/product.asp?product_id=1015675&variant_id=69628

So I kept looking and found some real cute Clarks on sale at Dillards, but they weren't my size. :mad:

I went to the Clarks store hoping I'd find something, and I did find a pair that were sorta cute, on sale for $40, and they fit. But for some reason I wasn't sure about them.:huh: Here are the Clarks: http://clarks.zappos.com/n/p/dp/37043697/c/72.html They are holding them for me. I think I didn't like the little piece that goes between your toe. It felt weird on dress sandals.

So that was my shoe journey. I left discouraged. I always found luck with White Mountains but can't find them anywhere. Here are some on the Famous Footwear website but I'm not really crazy about them: http://www.famousfootwear.com/product.asp?product_id=1012143&variant_id=50253 They might be cute, I just need to see them on.

Maybe I'm being too picky. I want black sandals, leather and comfy with an arch, short thick heel or wedge, enough support to walk a lot in, and they gotta be cute. :rolleyes:

I go back to work tomorrow (staff dev week) and then school starts next Monday. I'll have next weekend to shop a little bit, so if you have any suggestions, let me know. :blush::thanks:

3. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2008

I get so worn out from clothes and shoe shopping. It takes forever and then nothing comes from it. So, I've decided to stick to the same ole' shoes (Dansko) and pants (Dockers Khakis) year after year and mix it up a bit with my tops. Now I do it online.

4. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 3, 2008

Yeah I am already burned out of shopping. :( It's more fun to shop when you aren't supposed to, then when you need something and can't find it! ha I really wanted to just buy another pair of White Mountains but I can't find any similar to what I have. And don't even get me started on pants!! :(

5. MsJen

MsJen Rookie

Aug 3, 2008

:lol: I was inspired by all the posts to go out shopping too...but like many of you...could NOT find anything that really caught my eye or was worth spending money on. So...I've decided to just clean out my closet and see what I have and maybe just force myself to get some essentials!

Miss. Kirby, I really like the third pair of sandals. I like the big bow design.

6. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Aug 3, 2008

Could you try shoebuy or zappos...maybe they'll have some white mountains you really like?

7. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2008

I got so discouraged recently. Hit an awesome sale at the Eddie Bauer outlet- rows and rows of nice $6.99 pants. NONE in my size. There must have been hundreds of pants- no joking.:( It was then I made the final decision I am done clothes shopping- I'll stick to the same kind I always wear. I used to love to shop.

8. MsJen

MsJen Rookie

Aug 3, 2008

You know what else I've noticed...I'm 26, but I find that I don't get some of the fashion trends that are going on right now. I used to love GAP and their clothes, but I find that many of their clothing styles are so Bohemian (if there is such a thing) or retro looking. I have more luck finding stuff at Wal-Mart now.

Tired of shopping as well ladies!!

9. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 3, 2008

I looked on the Famous Footwear site and they have the shoes (with the bows) at a store a little further away, but not too far from my work. So I think maybe some day this week I'll get them. I'm pretty sure I'll like them since I have luck with White Mountains. Yayyy!

10. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2008

Why It Is Great To Be A Man

# 12 One wallet and one pair of shoes, one color, all
    seasons.

11. Ghost

Ghost Habitué

Aug 4, 2008

Now you know that's not true! TWO pairs of shoes: one dress and one tennis shoes:whistle:

12. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2008

Really 3 --- Brown, Black, and tennis shoes

13. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 4, 2008

Don't rub it in! LOL

14. Ghost

Ghost Habitué

Aug 4, 2008

I thought about that too. But black will go with everything. :lol:
    And then there are the belts....brown, black, and casual.

15. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2008

I fixed your post

16. runnerss

runnerss Comrade

Aug 4, 2008

I agree! I thought I was the only one. The trends out there aren't very appropriate for school. I have a dilemma. I want to look my age ( in a professional way of course) but there isn't a whole lot out there to help me do that. I find pretty decent clothing at walmart, but my problem is that they shrink. My torso is pretty long so I really cant have my clothes shrink or I will be showing my belly. I am about to go check out JCPenneys.

17. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 4, 2008

Miss Kirby, I like the Clarks you posted the best. I LOVE shopping. I love it all, the clothes, shoes, handbags, watches, jewlery, makeup, & sunglasses.

I said before that I'd even make a vacation out of going to Minnesota to visit the Mall of America! That would be great!

My boyfriend says sometimes that he's glad he's not a woman, when I'm shopping for makeup.

Here are some shoe sites you may like:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/C/2374961...?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=leftnav&pbo=2376778

http://www.piperlime.com/

http://www.easyspirit.com/

http://aerosoles.com/

http://www.bornshoes.com/

http://www.dansko.com/html/default.aspx

http://www.drschollsshoes.com/?CMP=...Scholls+mini&group=General&cpckw=Dr.+Scholl's

18. MsJen

MsJen Rookie

Aug 4, 2008

Runnerss, good luck at Pennys. I like shopping there as well. My local store is doing renovations and is a mess, so it's actually the one place that I have not been to. I have the opposite problem of you. I am very short at 4'11 and find that shirts are waaaay too long for me. Sometimes, even petites don't fit me properly. I can understand how you do not want your belly to show. There are some teachers (young) at my work place that does that and it always annoys me!

19. TeacherMJ

TeacherMJ Comrade

Aug 4, 2008

I think that another great place to look for shoes is either Marshalls or TJMaxx or Ross. They're designer shoes for cheap, much like DSW.

If not, then try zappos. No shipping either way so you can just keep trying and trying until you find a pair you like.

Good luck :)

And...I love being a girl because I get to shop for shoes! Could you imagine only have one or two pairs, so sad!

20. Ghost

Ghost Habitué

Aug 4, 2008

:toofunny: :rofl: :lol:

21. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 5, 2008

Okay I went to another Famous Footwear, DSW, Ross, Marshalls, Kohls. I'm so frustrated because I can't find anything that I want that fit me. So frustrating. I'm thinking about ordering online.

22. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Aug 5, 2008

I ordered from zappos on Friday, had my shoes on Monday! I highly recommend them! :)

23. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 5, 2008

I just don't know if they'll fit, if I'll like them, I don't know!

24. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 9, 2008

Okay........

I went shopping again this time with my mom. Back to the Clarks store. I decided against the ones that I posted here. Too tight and probably too high of a heel for work. I found some other ones, these: http://shop2.aol.ca/shop/product--catId_1002566__locale_en__productId_5652530.html They weren't exactly what I wanted because I wanted a heel, but I was just ready to settle. I got these because there was a sale: http://www.shoebuy.com/clarks-harwick/234425/501969

I get home and put them on again. UGH the black ones are too tight. I noticed it in the store and just kind of figured it would get better. I wore them around the house and it feels like they are cutting off the circulation to my toes. The tan ones are wonderful though. I love them. So now I think I'm going to take them back. Seriously I hate this!

I saw these Merrells that I LOVE! They aren't dressy, but I think I can wear them to work. I just can't wear them with my nice dress pants (I stocked up on coupons so I'm going to get them at Express tomorrow). They are super comfy and I think they are really cute. They are more like a slip on mary jane, which works for me because most of the time the backs on the mary janes give me blisters. They are $70 though. Ugh! Here they are: http://www.merrell.com/Product-Enlarge/SZZZ/Womens/Black/J66424/Encore-MJ.aspx They do have them in black leather though too. So they'd be a bit dressier. I don't know.

So I might take back the clarks and get these. But I still won't have black sandals. Really, I never thought shoe shopping would be so much work.

25. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2008

I'm in the "black sandal boat" too! Is it too much to ask to make some halfway-dressy looking shoes that are as comfy as running shoes? I've been to every local shoe store, and the best I can do is another pair of Clark Sunbeats, and I'm so tired of the style!

Try this link to Zappos' stock of SoftSpots black sandals. I like a few of these:

http://www.zappos.com/n/es/color/2/d/722382879/size/8/width/1/page/1.html

I've got really flat feet and shouldn't even wear sandals, but whaddayagonnado? :dunno:

26. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

27. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2008

Okay, I think I'm going to order these:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7383207/c/72.html

I have similar Clarks in brown and beige, and they're pretty comfortable.

Macy's has the Sunbeats on sale, so I'll probably get a pair of those too! :D

28. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 9, 2008

29. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2008

Those are cute! The heel's a little higher because there's not as much of a platform. I wish I didn't have to worry about that. I was shopping with a friend once, and she saw some shoes she liked and just bought them - I could never do that! And my poor daughter inherited my flat feet - boo!

30. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2008

31. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 9, 2008

Mrs. K, you are right. They might not be comfy for a long day of work.

But the Clarks guy said that they put extra padding in the high heel shoes.

32. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 9, 2008

I start school & work in 2 wks & I wanted to get 2-3 pairs of shoes. I have an ankle injury now, so it's very important for me to get good quality, comfortable shoes. For sandals, I have to get flat shoes that have straps around the heel, so there's no chance of them slipping off.

I'm going to check out Zappos right now! What other brands besides Clarks & Borns are very comfortable where you don't really have to try them on 1st?

33. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2008

I have the best luck with Clarks. For your injured ankle, a pair of Clarks Sunbeats (that I have maligned in previous posts, only because I've been wearing them for about 7 years) would probably be great - three straps across the instep and a heel strap, all adjustable.

Zappos is great - free shipping both ways, and fast! :)

34. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 10, 2008

Thanks!:)

35. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 26, 2008

There were so many SHOE threads this summer, how did everyone's new shoes feel/hold up at the end of your 1st day or 1st week?

My Hush Puppies sandals were great. I walked around a LOT yesterday & they didn't hurt at all! I went to get the same sandals in another color, but two stores & the website didn't carry them anymore! That's ok because I got some Merrell sandals & they are even better (but pretty pricey! :eek:)

36. LMath85

LMath85 Companion

Aug 26, 2008

37. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 26, 2008

38. LMath85

LMath85 Companion

Aug 26, 2008

Those are cute!!!!!

39. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2008

I am a shoe fanatic and spend hours online looking at shoes. Sometimes I order, sometimes not. Clark's make really good shoes and Merril as well.

40. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2008

41. LMath85

LMath85 Companion

Aug 26, 2008