Another question

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by filochica, Aug 17, 2008.

1. filochica

filochica Rookie

Aug 17, 2008

Hi everyone- I have another question. I 'm going to school tomorrow which is the week before the students come back to set up/attend meetings, etc. I already know my teacher and visited her class twenty times last spring. What usually goes on during this week and what are ways to show her that I'm taking the initiative? I'm not sure about all that has to be done and I don't want her to think that I'm just waiting for instructions. She's been teaching for twenty years and is very organized, so I don't foresee her being overloaded during this week but I want to be sure to offer to help in any way. Thanks for any suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Aug 17, 2008

During this week we do:

attend staff meetings about new policies, sexual harassment, bbp, and the school plan for the year

go through cum folders to see if students have IEP's, SST, photography restrictions, custody orders those types of things

copy beginning of the year papers, get folders ready, plan the first weeks of school, go over the pre assessments we do, organize the desks and things

get the room ready for the year, bulletin boards, set room up

meet with team to get the year rolling, go over field trips, order any items needed for the year, talk with new teachers, curriculum things

hope this helps :)

4. Kindtchr

Kindtchr Comrade

Aug 17, 2008

Let her know that you would LOVE to help get the classroom ready. ASK what she would like you to do. I always have laminating and cutting that I would love to have someone help me with. If you have free time in the evenings offer to take materials home to bring back when you have finished working on them. Depending on the grade level there may be manipulatives that need to be organized. I'm sure she will appreciate anything you can do to help. If she knows that you will be coming the next or another day she will set things aside for you to do.:) This is a great learning experience for you so that you will know what to do to set up your classroom once you have your first teaching job & classrom of your own.

Have a wonderful year student teaching.:D

5. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Aug 17, 2008

Get a plan for the 1 week of her expectations from you--what you can do, etc.

Get the curriculum maps for the first 6 weeks and begin making some plans together on activities and projects.