Another pregnancy question for those out there who can help!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Teaching Grace, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Feb 15, 2009

When I was pregnant with my son, I didn't know that I was pregnant until I was 4 weeks along. This time we are actually trying to get pregnant so I'm slightly more on edge. I did all my research about what time period I was fertile and all that stuff. My question is, does anyone remember how early the started feeling symptoms. The latest I could be is a week pregnant and that's if it happened the first time we tried :) But the last day or two I've felt slightly nauseous and dizzy. I've also felt slight cramping but am definitely not due for my time of the month for another 2 weeks. Any thoughts as to the earliest you ever "felt" pregnant?

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 15, 2009

Every time I was pregnant, I knew before any calendar told me I should.

Likewise, during last month's pregnancy scare (during radiation, hence the "scare"), the only thing that kept me from panic was the fact that I didn't feel pregnant, even though the calendar told me I could be.

Hope your results are what you want them to be!

4. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Feb 15, 2009

I knew I was pregnant the same week, as I could not stand the smell of raw poultry.

5. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Feb 15, 2009

With my last two I knew seemingly within hours. I woke up one morning and the thought of coffee was just nauseating. Now, I drink coffee like it's a necessary life force, so for me, that's something major. It happened pretty quickly with my first as well, but I didn't put two and two together until my second.

Sometimes you just have that feeling, and frequently, it's right. Keep in mind; however, that the mind is a powerful thing, and if you want something bad enough you can actually trick yourself into feeling things that aren't there. I'm not saying that's what's going on, but better to be cautiously hopefull then set yourself up for even bigger dissapointments if it didn't happen this month.

I hope for you that it really is the real thing and in two weeks we'll be hearing that the stick said yes :)

6. Teaching Grace

Feb 16, 2009

Thanks ya'll. I have done that to myself before and tricked myself into believing every little thing that I feel is a pregnancy symptom. So I'm trying not to get my hopes up. But if I had to guess I would say yes. I just feel it. Plus I feel very bloated and sore this morning from cramping. I'll wait it out. My poor husband told me last night it was getting to be like a chore :) Lol. I told him he only had 3 more days and then he could rest!

7. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Feb 16, 2009

When is your period due? (Way personal, I know, but it's a legitimate question, considering :D). Some of the tests will show positive as early as three days before your missed period, though they're not as accurate that early as they are on or after the day it was due.

8. Teaching Grace

Feb 16, 2009

It's due March 2. I have everything all mapped out on my calendar from the days to try to conceive to the days that I can start testing. So I should be able to test at the very end of this month... another two weeks :( The last couple of days I have felt pregnant but again, I'm not sure if it's my imagination or what.

9. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Feb 16, 2009

Ack!!! Your poor husband. Tell him he has my sympathies. I know I was a real bear to live with while my ex-husband and I were ttc.

10. Teaching Grace

Feb 16, 2009

lol he's just tired and i'm umm... eager. lol

11. Teaching Grace

Feb 16, 2009

I vote in that I either am pregnant, I have a fantastic imagination, or I have the weirdest flu ever. I just walked by a fifth grader whose aftershave (yes aftershave) just made me want to be sick right then and there! I have been dizzy and felt a little nauseous all day as well. It kind of comes and goes. Obviously I'll have to just keep waiting for two weeks to know for sure. But if I had to wage my bets right now... pregnant.

12. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Feb 16, 2009

Good luck with finding out the results. :) The only thing that clued me in that I was preggo with my second one was being tired. I actually was 6-7 wks before I found out with the first one and was 4wks with the second one. Of course, both of my miracles were unexpected as I was on the BCP. :) So, I could not try to make up symptoms. I was not a high maintenance preggo by any means... heightened awareness of scents and needed a catnap during my first trimester.

13. Teaching Grace

Feb 16, 2009

That's the way I was with my first one. I'm hoping for the same this time.

14. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 16, 2009

Well, congrats if you are!!! How old is your first?

15. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Feb 16, 2009

hope it all works out for you positive!

16. Teaching Grace

Feb 16, 2009

My first little guy is just over 1 now. We want them about 2 years apart. So here's hoping!

17. mrs_thompson

mrs_thompson Rookie

Mar 7, 2009

I haven't actually felt pregnant yet. I went in to the doctor last week with a severe pain in my left side. He told me I had a cyst on my left ovary, and that I was pregnant. I don't know how it's possible considering I just had a my period on February 22nd, and he's telling me that I am two weeks pregnant.

18. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 7, 2009

ms thompson-with my first pregnancy I had a slight period in Dec. Found out in Feb that I was pregnant and had gotten pregnant in Nov. I miscarried not long after finding out though.

19. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Mar 7, 2009

I knew VERY early...before my period WOULD have come had i not been. It was just that "FULL" feeling.

20. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Mar 8, 2009

With my first i didn't know until I was about 2 months pregnant. I was still having a period, but feeling really tired so i went to the doctor. My second, I swear i felt pregnant the next day. My third I found out early. My fourth, well I was in school then and taking 19 hours, plus I was older and my family goes through menopause early so ij ust thought I was too. It didn't dawn on me that I could even remotely be pregnant. I went to the doctor because I feeling run down. The nurse asked me if I could be pregnant and I said no. They did a test anyway just to be sure and well I was. I even left the office before the test was complete. They had to call me on my cell phone. I was totally shocked and so was my husband.