Another job fair tomorrow. How to direct cover letters?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Kippers, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Kippers

Kippers Companion

Mar 4, 2008

I'm trying to gear up for another job fair tomorrow. I'm crossing everything I can cross in hopes that last week's interview was fruitful.

There will be 60 presenters there and about 20 are possibilities for me- provided I'm desperate enough to drive (which I am now).

Should I gear my cover letters (nonexistent until now for job fairs) directly to each district of high interest? Some of you were creative enough to come up with brochures to market yourselves- I don't have anything like this. I've already applied to some of these districts.

I'm thinking I'm going to spend some money and make individual "about me" packets for every district, with cover letter to specific district, resume, reference phone numbers, copies of letters of reference, transcripts, and C-19 letter. Is this overkill?

What is the best strategy?

Thanks a bunch everyone!

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 4, 2008

Kippers I know this whole process can get you down. I would direct as many cover letters to specific districts, and then have a generic cover letter for the rest of the districts you aren't familiar with. On the individual packets, I would only include the cover letter, resume, and maybe transcripts. I'm not sure what a C-19 letter is?

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Mar 4, 2008

stg, what about a list of references or letters of recommendations?

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 4, 2008

Letters of recommendations I would add. The list of references I think would be on the resume or at least on the applications.