Another Interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Beth2004, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jul 13, 2007

Well, I had an interview on Tuesday at a charter school that had a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade position open. I thought the interview went pretty well, but when I hadn't heard anything from them as of today I figured I didn't get the job.

Then around 2:00 I got a phone call from the secretary at that same charter school, but from the middle school building. She said that they had received my information from the principal of the elementary school (who I met with Tuesday) and that they had a 5th grade readers' and writers' workshop position open that the vice principal wanted to interview me for. On one hand I was pretty bummed because I realized that I didn't get the jobs I already interviewed for, but on the other hand I was happy to have another interview. The interview is set for next Tuesday morning.

I had really mixed feelings about the whole situation until I got home and saw that I had an email from the elementary principal. She said that I wasn't chosen for her open positions, but that I was her strong back-up candidate and that she didn't send me the "no" letter because she forwarded my information to the middle school. The email definitely boosted my confidence so now I'm really trying to prepare for the next interview.

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2007

Sorry you didn't get the original positions, but congratulations on the upcoming interview. The principal obviously thinks very highly of you!

4. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 13, 2007

That's great!

5. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2007

Did you ask why you weren't selected? Was it experience or what? Congrats on the other interview though!!

6. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jul 13, 2007

No, I didn't ask. I didn't actually speak with the principal, just received an email from her. My only response to her email was thanking her for updating me on the situation and for passing my paperwork on to the middle school vice principal.

7. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 14, 2007

I agree that it was pretty cool she passed your info along to a fellow principal. Like my principal said, they all know each other from workshops, meetings, and conferences.

8. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jul 14, 2007

Actually, I think she may technically be his supervisor. I'm not 100% sure about that, but it's a K-8 charter school, she's the principal at the elementary school (no vice principal) and he's the vice principal at the middle school (no principal). They're in different buildings, but it's the same school.

9. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 16, 2007

It is an interesting situation. Good luck it's tomorrow. PM me when you get home. I have to waitress again tomorrow than going to visit my first one on one student I had. He is now 22 I believe.