Another Interview!

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by Beth2004, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jul 20, 2006

I still haven't heard anything about the 3rd/4th grade looping position that I interviewed for, but I did get a call today from a school in my town (right near my house) to set up an interview for a 5th grade position. I still would honestly rather have the other one that I interviewed for, but it's nice to know that if I don't get it there are still other prospects out there. I was beginning to feel like this one was my only hope of having a job for September!
    Anyway, the interview isn't until August 3rd, but I think I'm going to call the other district that I interviewed for to check the status of the position if I don't hear anything tomorrow. This way, I can let them know that I do have other places calling me, but that I am still VERY interested in working at their school.

3. Texas Gal

Texas Gal Companion

Jul 20, 2006

That sounds like a great idea. I'm glad you are getting others offers, too. Let them know they better snatch you up!! :)

4. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 20, 2006

Glad you have another interview. I actually have another one for July 31st. But it's all the way up the coast of Maine. About 4 to 5 hr drive from here. I am hoping I get one of the jobs I went to today.
    I hope when you call they offer you the job!

5. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Jul 20, 2006

It is nice to have something, JUST in case. Don't school know you worry about them calling you? Why do they hold you out like that. And I personally think it is rude for them to just send a letter. If you took the time to go there they can take the time to call you and say you didn't get it.

Hopefully, you got the 3/4 job.

6. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Jul 20, 2006

I have heard that by calling the school you really want to work for when other schools are interested in you too can help speed up their decision.

7. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2006

Beth and Jaime.......don't give up hope! My sister got her first teaching job the DAY before school started! EEK! Hang in there......we are ALL sending good vibes your way!:love:

8. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 20, 2006

Kinder I can't wait that long I will be insane by August 29th!

9. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Jul 20, 2006

Maybe you can keep your mind busy by preparing sample lesson plans to dazzle them with later? Keep your chin up!

10. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jul 21, 2006

Well, I just called the principal, but he wasn't in the office yet so I left him a voicemail. Hopefully I'll hear something back from them today. :)

11. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 21, 2006

What time did you call? How are you doing? I just crawled out of bed.
    I hope he calls you soon. If not call back again.

12. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jul 21, 2006

I just called a few minutes ago...so it was about 7:15. Most of the schools around here are open at 7am so I thought he may be in the office already, but no one answered the office phone or his extension.
    I just basically left a message saying, "I am calling to ask about the 3rd grade position at your school. I don't want to be a pest, but I did want to call because I received a phone call yesterday from the **** School in ****** to set up an interview. However, I am still very interested in the position that I interviewed for with you."

13. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 21, 2006

Oh that sounds good. I am up way to early. I don't have to work until 10am.

14. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jul 21, 2006

You're up too early? I don't have to work until 2! haha

15. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 21, 2006

Why are you up so early? LOL. I am up because I am starving, suppose I should go find something to eat.

16. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jul 21, 2006

Wow...well, that was fast....the principal just called back to tell me that I don't have the position. Now I'm wondering if they would have even called me if I didn't just call him....

17. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 21, 2006

Probably not. I have found male principals tend to be chicken when it comes tell us we didn't get a job.

18. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 21, 2006

Hey, I'm up and don't have to go to work at all :)

But then again, I have a little 3 year old alarm clock who tip toes into my room each day, and just stares into my eyes until they open!

19. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 21, 2006

LOL is that what happens when you have kids. What time does your alarm usually get up?

20. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 21, 2006

Anywhere from 5-7:30 am.

I teach an SAT course on Thursdays, and have to leave at 9:30 am. My husband always reminds me to set the alarm. I always laugh-- who needs an alarm with 3 kids????

21. worrywart

worrywart Companion

Jul 21, 2006

He wouldn't have. I'm glad you called him - he deserves to be put on the spot. Onward and upward!

22. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jul 21, 2006

I hope so!
    I'm happy that I have another interview lined up already because it gives me something else to work towards and look forward to. The school that I'm interviewing at on 8/3 is not far from my house at all. Actually, I live in their district so all of the children who live around me most likely go there (which worries me a little bit--there are A LOT of children in the houses surrounding mine). It's also a 5th grade position which is the grade I worked as a long-term sub in from March-May of this year so I have a decent amount of experience with students at that grade-level.

23. goopp

goopp Devotee

Jul 21, 2006

Tell me about it! School starts here Aug 1, so I only have a week or so before I am totally over the edge! I did get an email this morning from a principal asking a question about my certification (do they actually look at our resumes?) Hopefully that will result in an interview.

I was told by the principal I interviewed with on Monday that he couldn't actually hire anyone until school had started and the actual bodies were in the school. All of the schools here are fully staffed, but with GA's new lower class size mandates, many of the schools in our county will have to add classrooms once all the registered students show up and they are over the limit. I really don't want to start the year a week or 2 into the school year, but I'll take what I can get.

Good luck to everyone still looking - I know what you are going through. I have a few high moments, but pretty much, I'm down in the dumps more than anything. I know things will work out, and I try to stay positive for my hubby and kids, but when I'm alone, it hits me hard! Oh well, school starts soon, so I should know something in the next few weeks!!

24. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 21, 2006

Hey Beth - quiz your neighbor kids on their school! I think fifth grade would be awesome.