Another Interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by vateacher757, Aug 5, 2014.

1. vateacher757

vateacher757 Cohort

Aug 5, 2014

I thought all was lost but got a call about an interview while on vacation.....they agreed to interview me upon my return. It was even a last minute application submission for me.

Has anyone accepted a PT teaching position......if so how was it and what happened the following year?

I was also offered an Aide position in a different district.

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 5, 2014

I've applied for PT, but I've never had one. I would jump on it if you can afford it. Then you will be an internal candidate for any FT positions the next year.

4. HistoryVA

HistoryVA Devotee

Aug 5, 2014

Are you still in the 757 region? Have you taught around here before? If you're new to teaching around here and are willing to PM me the districts you're deciding between, I'd be happy to offer my experiences with them.

Generally though, I'd take PT over an aide position.

5. vateacher757

vateacher757 Cohort

Aug 5, 2014

Yes that was my thought exactly in fact they feel confident it would be upgraded to FT next year.

Yes I am in the 757 region I'll PM you. Thanks.

6. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 5, 2014

I've taught part time. I was offered full time the next year, based on recommendations from my team and a bit of a fight from the union. It often happens that way.

Of course, it could also be eliminated, so be prepared for both. Just teach your heart out, make connections for recommendations and see where it goes.

7. beckyeduk8er

beckyeduk8er Comrade

Aug 5, 2014

In my previous district if you want to go from a part time to a full time you need to apply as an external applicant and resubmit all your paperwork-references, etc. You don't need to redo the fingerprint though. I went from a 75% to a full time and it was several hoops to jump through. It may be worth looking into the process in January so you have all your ducks in a row.