Another interview!! And question about divulging information..

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Elm512, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Elm512

Elm512 Companion

Jul 12, 2010

I now have 2 interviews for next Thursday. I just have a question about something I'm not sure I should share. I'm starting my Master's degree on August 2nd in ESL/ELL. Do you think that this is something I should mention? I think that it would probably help, but I'm worried they might have concerns that I would be a first year teacher taking on too much. Thoughts?

3. newbeeteacher

newbeeteacher Rookie

Jul 12, 2010

No advice, but good luck on your interviews!!

Do you personally think doing your masters will be taking too much time out of your classroom and school duties?

4. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Jul 12, 2010

Lots of teachers work and do their masters at the same time. I see it as a plus. If they ask just say that you want to continue your education to make sure your class gets the best they can from you pedagogically. ;)

5. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Jul 12, 2010

I would be honest with them and let them know. However, your job has to come first so if it is too overwhelming I would probably stop the classes. I think anyone can do it though if they are determined enough and work hard enough. Good Luck!

6. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 12, 2010

I did my M.Ed while working and many of my friends do it that way too. It's def something they tend to see a lot, so I doubt it would raise any concern.