Another FL General Knowledge Question

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by FutureFLTeacher, Feb 22, 2007.

1. FutureFLTeacher

FutureFLTeacher Companion

Feb 22, 2007

Those of you have already taken the general knowledge here in Florida...would you recommend taking all the subtests in one sitting or breaking them up?

:thanks: :D

3. GatorGal

GatorGal Cohort

Feb 22, 2007

I don't know your situation, but I found it easier on my schedule to take them all in one day. It makes for a long day, and your hiney (can I say that?:D ) starts to hurt after a while, but I thought it was worth it to get it all out of the way. The only gripe I had was having to write the essay first thing at 8:30am in the morning...that wasn't fun.

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 23, 2007

So, do they give you all the parts at once and turn you loose and let you do what you will when you will, or do you show up at hour x for section y?

One of the features I like in the California exams is being able to tackle questions and subtest in whatever order - and having the option to take just one subtest but have all five hours of testing time for it.

5. FutureFLTeacher

Feb 23, 2007

GatorGal,
    For me it would be much easier to just take it all in one sitting...I'm one of those people who likes to just get things out of the way in one full swoop...especially when it comes to testing!

Is there a break of any sort involved or is it the five hours straight through?

Thanks again for your insight, I truly appreciate it! :D :thanks:

6. GatorGal

GatorGal Cohort

Feb 23, 2007

I'm not sure how they set up times when you only take one subtest. If you take them all in one day, they do give you about a 15 minute break in the middle of a 8am-1pm day of testing.
    It was definitely looooong, but boy was I glad to get it all done in one day!

What kind of study aids are you using FutureFLTeacher? I think it's worth mentioning that I had great success with the CliffsTestPrep and REA study guides. :)

7. FutureFLTeacher

Feb 23, 2007

GatorGal,
    I'm utilizing both Cliff Notes, REA and one of the Xam to Cram guides as well. (I used the Xam one for the SAE and it helped greatly!) I figure the combination of these three, plus the websites that I've found will all work well together.

I guess a 15 minute break is better than none at all! It will be a long day, but like you, I'd rather get it all done in one day than have to worry about going back out for additional testing.

Thanks again! I truly appreciate all of your insight! :D

8. GatorGal

GatorGal Cohort

Feb 24, 2007

Wow! Yes, use all of those study guides, and you'll do great.

Good luck!