Another Big Teacher Oops....

Discussion in 'General Education' started by KinderCowgirl, Jun 4, 2014.

1. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jun 8, 2014

I have to agree that if we are honest, we have all said things we are glad weren´t recorded or overheard. The mother even said she thought the school was great and apparently it had been a facade. That clearly shows that the teacher never spoke like this directly to the child or even made the child feel belittled. I too have to wonder why the son heard the message. Did mom listen to the message on speaker with the child present? If so, then mom did not mean for the child to hear it. However, if she intentionally had her child listen to the message then that was a poor decision on her part as well. Also, I would like to comment on the fear and anxiety part. Yes, small children will sometimes experience anxiety for whatever reasons. Just this week I had a father walk into my room and interrupt my class to let me know his daughter had forgotten her homework folder but he would be bringing it later. I said ok but asked him if he had been worried about it. He said yes. I asked because whenever a child forgets I never make a big deal about it, I just say, ¨Okay, bring it in tomorrow.¨ There was no real reason for her to be so worried but she was.

2. HistoryGirl14

HistoryGirl14 Rookie

Jun 13, 2014

It was awful that the mother heard what she said, but I've heard teachers talk about their students out of frustration. We all vent about our jobs at some point, whatever profession we are in. Teachers are human also.

Dealing with special education students can be even more frustrating at times.

I feel bad for everyone involved.