Annoying phone calls

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Guitart, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Guitart

Guitart Companion

Mar 20, 2020

Now that I'm home, I notice the phone rings ALL DAY. Most are automated. We get calls like: "Please wait for important information about your credit card.."
    We have no cards.
    Also surveys. <Click> I hang up.
    The most annoying is a recording of an Asian lady speaking some Asian language. This occurs throughout the day at least 3x! My wife tells me that this has been going on for months. Does this happen to anyone else?

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Mar 20, 2020

I have a SPAM filter on my phone, so very few of those get through. I hang up and block those who do get through. We don’t have a home phone.

4. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Mar 20, 2020

My home phone has a "call block" button that is very useful. You just press it, and that number can't get through again. I know a lot of them rotate numbers, but the button makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something.

5. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Devotee

Mar 21, 2020

I have my home phone number unlisted. I do not give it out to supermarkets for discounts, banks, or anyone who asks for it. I have been that way for yrs. Only family and friends know it.
    I give places a number changed by 1 digit. lol I know...It is dishonest and I should not do it, but I don't like those types of calls or being on lists. I am usually only home to sleep and do not want to get woken up or bothered.
    If I have to give a number, I give my cell or a family member who seriously does not care and gave me permission. :)

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 25, 2020

I don't have a home phone. I do not answer any calls on my cell phone that is not a contact. If it's important they will leave a message. 99% of the time they don't leave a message so know it's just an @$$hat trying to annoy me.