anniversary ideas

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by HufflePuff, Dec 20, 2007.

1. HufflePuff

HufflePuff Cohort

Dec 20, 2007

hey guys! this is TOTALLY unrelated to teaching lol.

my 6 year anniversary with my boyfriend is in january and i have NO idea what to do! i've done so much in the past (made a stuffed animal, scrapbooking, songs, etc.) any creative ideas?

3. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 20, 2007

Propose darnnit!!! LOL.. Just kidding.

Can you cook... why not do dinner and just keep it simple.

4. Major

Major Connoisseur

Dec 20, 2007

Why not take him to Cancun......... and enjoy some warm weather .......:D:D

Major...:)

5. HufflePuff

HufflePuff Cohort

Dec 20, 2007

cancun is def. not an option financially. we are saving for a big trip to japan. :)

and if i had a **** teaching job, we'd be engaged haha.

6. Major

Major Connoisseur

Dec 20, 2007

Well then save Cancun for later........ my wife and I are going in January...:p:p

Since you live in NJ why not take your bf to Atlantic City??

Major......:)

7. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 20, 2007

Cape May NJ is beautiful and romantic..... little too cold now, but nice in the spring and summer.

8. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Dec 20, 2007

What about making a picture calendar for 2008?

9. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Dec 20, 2007

I always have the same problem... but for me, it's more that everything comes at once... our anniversary is October 14 (last Oct. was 7 years), then Christmas, then his b-day is Jan. 26... the Valentine's Day! At least after February I'm off the hook for a while ;)

Some stuff I've done...

One of his favorite gifts... and one that I should do again, possibly, since it's been a while... was an ABC book. I got one of those blank books from the craft store, and wrote one letter on each page. Then I did a bunch of words, phrases, memories, inside jokes, whatever on each page to correspond with the letter. (A... adorable, awesome, amazing, etc... B: band, Big Red, Badgers, etc)

I decorated a picture frame once, too... did photos or clipart of different things, glued them on a wooden frame, then varnished it.

Made a pillow... velour or whatever, cut out 2 hearts, decorated it (I think I did our names or something ), then sew it together. I'd do it again, but the hearts were too hard. :)

10. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 20, 2007

clarent, you sound like us. Our wedding ann. is August 31, our annv is Oct 29, Christmas which is our daughter's bday, and his bday is Jan 2.

11. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Dec 20, 2007

Oh oh I win

His b-day is Feb 9, mine is Feb 12, and then Valentine's is the 14th.

He jokingly broke up with me on February 10th one year for about 10 seconds, so that we could get back together and have our anniversary that week too! ;)

I didn't go for it. I like our real one (July 3), and I'm pushing for a July 3, 2009 wedding ;)

12. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

Dec 21, 2007

How about New Hope, PA? I don't know if you have ever been there but it is right outside of Trenton. We used to go there a lot when I was in college (TCNJ) because its so close. There are tons of little shops and stores to go into. I specifically remember a couple of stores that sold vintage toys and momentos. We had a great time looking at the old toys, board games, movies, etc. that we enjoyed when we were children. There are a lot of great restaurants too. I can't recommend any one restaurant specifically but I remember there being tons of restaurants, cafes, little coffee shops, etc. along the main streets.

It may be a little cold in January, but then again that would be a great reason to snuggle as your walking around. And maybe try to find a hotel room or bed and breakfast with a fireplace.

13. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 21, 2007

I love New Hope too! I think there is a theater there too! It would make a great day or weekend trip if you are close by.

14. HufflePuff

HufflePuff Cohort

Dec 21, 2007

wow guys, thanks for your ideas! keep 'em comin! i will consider all of these ideas! :)

15. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

Dec 22, 2007

There is a theater there. I know they used to do "Rocky Horror Picture Show" around Halloween. Don't know what else they have there but that may be something to check out:).

16. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Dec 22, 2007

what about spending the night somewhere and sking,

my husband and I have been married 10 years this year on Dec 29, its so close to Christmas we never get to do anything.:mellow:

17. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Dec 22, 2007

One time.....

I got picked up in a limo and driven to a seafood place in town.

I was left notes all over the house like a treasure hunt to find the dress he had washed for me, goodies he left by the bathtub with bubble bath sitting out and a candle, etc. I was told to get dressed and someone would pick me up and I was to ask no questions but to go with them. That person drove me to a new restaurant that just happened to be named the same name as our homestate and he knew I was homesick.

I got a charm bracelet that had charms representing different things I was interested in and about us. (That won't do for a man though).